Looking for 10 places to travel on a budget in Arizona? With its beautiful natural landscape, artsy small towns and affordable attractions, Arizona is without a doubt one of the best places to travel on a budget in the American Southwest. If you need to save money on your next vacation, consider the locations on this list.
- Tubac, Arizona. Tubac is the best place to travel on a budget in Arizona if you’re interested in art and culture, as the small town continues to attract artists with its phenomenal sunsets and the prestigious Tubac Center of the Arts. Find out why "Budget Travel" magazine selected Tubac as one of America’s coolest small towns.
- Tucson, Arizona. Tucson is one of the lower-priced resort destinations in America, and is home to such attractions as Saguaro National Park.
- Phoenix, Arizona. Phoenix, Arizona’s capital city, is one of the best places to travel on a budget in the southwest, as it is home to a myriad of cheap and free attractions such as the Pueblo Grande Museum and Archaeological Park, the Desert Botanical Garden, the Phoenix Art Museum and the Ro Ho En Japanese Friendship Garden.
- Scottsdale, Arizona. Close to Phoenix, Scottsdale is something of a shopping haven. Its numerous shops can accommodate all budgets and tastes.
- Sedona, Arizona. Known for its lively art scene and its idyllic setting amidst the Red Rocks, Sedona is one of the best (and, surprisingly, cheapest) places to travel on a budget in Arizona.
- Glendale, Arizona. Glendale is home to the annual Glendale Chocolate Affaire, a free event that attracts chocolate lovers from all over the country.
- Prescott, Arizona. Prescott is one of the best places to travel on a budget over the Christmas holidays. It is home to a fun-filled annual Christmas parade.
- Tempe Town Lake. This is one of the best places to travel on a budget over the July 4th holidays, as it is home to the fantastic Tempe Town Lake Fireworks Spectacular each year.
- Carefree, Arizona. This city is aptly named to host the annual Carefree Fine Art & Wine Festival, which takes place every January.
- Swansea. Explore one of the country’s most fascinating ghost towns, as thousands of people from around the world do each year.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Why Most Men Should Never Wear Timberlands
Unless you're doing some sort of manual labor, say goodbye to these boots.