Looking for 10 places to travel on a budget in Arkansas? With one of the lowest cost-of-living ratios in the United States, you will find places to travel on a budget in Arkansas that incorporate fun, sun, and family time, depending on the season. Following are the "must-sees" of this great state:
- Devil's Den: Featuring a variety of vacation packages that include access to cabins and horseback riding trails, Devil's Den is perhaps the most popular of places to travel on a budget in Arkansas. Hiking trails ranging from five to eight miles make great locations if you want to leave behind the fast-paced nature of the modern world and rediscover some of America's most beautiful scenic areas. Devil's Den: 11333 West Arkansas Highway 74, West Fork, AR 72774.
- Bull Shoals Lake: Whether it is boating, water skiing, picnicking, camping, or fishing, there is always fun to be had on Bull Shoals Lake. Another of the most popular places to travel on a budget in Arkansas, Bull Shoals Lake is located near the quiet and cozy community of Mountain Home, and is the answer for all your summer vacation needs. Bull Shoals Lake: Mountain Home, AR 72654.
- Magic Springs and Crystal Falls: Located on the same grounds as one another, it's just a quick walk from the cool rush of refreshing water slides to the exhilarating thrills of rollercoasters. A season pass will only cost you $49.99! Magic Springs and Crystal Falls: 1701 East Grand Avenue, Hot Springs, AR 71901.
- Wild River Country: A season pass to Little Rock's gorgeous water park Wild River Country will cost you less than $40, and in return, you and your family can experience some of the most fun slides and attractions near the Ozark Mountains. Features nearly a dozen different slides plus a lazy river and a wave pool. Wild River Country: Crystal Hill Road, North Little Rock, AR 72115.
- Petit Jean State Park: Petit Jean State Park provides a healthy dose of history with its museums and log cabins, one of which is more than 150 years-old and has remained preserved yet unchanged since it was once home to a family of nine. The area also provides public swimming and a variety of low-to-no cost attractions such as hiking or walking trails. Petit Jean State Park: 1285 Petit Jean Mountain Road, Morrilton, AR 72110-9361.
- Mount Magazine: Another great mountain getaway, Mount Magazine is one of the most popular places to travel on a budget in Arkansas for its breathtaking views and unchanging history. The Lodge Resort offers modern extravagance while keeping you in touch with nature. Mount Magazine Lodge: 16878 S State Highway 309, Paris, AR 72855-6090.
- Lake Ouachita State Park: More fun on the water and campgrounds await you on the brilliant Lake Ouachita. More than 103 campground sites and numerous locations for swimming, diving and boating, make Lake Ouachita yet another of the best places to travel on a budget in Arkansas. Lake Ouachita State Park: 5451 Mountain Pine Road, Mountain Pine, AR 71956.
- Fort Smith National Historic Site: Got a taste for history and frontier justice? Check out Judge Parker's Courthouse and the infamous gallows where Fort Smith's "Hanging Judge" sent over a hundred condemned men to their final rewards. The onsite jail is also a trip back in time. All this for only four dollars per person! Fort Smith National Historic Site: Third and Garland Streets, Fort Smith, AR 72902.
- Crowley's Ridge State Park: Northeast Arkansas' gorgeous landmark of nature's beauty allows visitors to get away from it all with a wide selection of cabins as well as hiking and swimming options. Crowley's Ridge State Park: 2221 State Highway 168 North, Paragould, AR 72450.
- Crater of Diamonds State Park: Of the places to travel on a budget in Arkansas, Crater of Diamonds State Park is the only one that could actually turn you into a rich person. If not, at least you'll have fun trying, and you'll get to see some of the state's most beautiful sites! Crater of Diamonds State Park: 209 State Park Road, Murfreesboro, AR 71958.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!