10 Places to Travel on a Budget: Connecticut
When people don't have much money to travel with, these 10 places to travel on a budget in Connecticut is a great list to go by. There are many places in Connecticut to visit that are cheap or even free:
- Gillette Castle State Park. This park in East Haddam, CT offers hiking, picnicking, river camping, and a historic building. The building is a huge castle that has gone under many modern renovations on the interior. Located at: 67 River Road, East Haddam, CT 06423.
- Fort Trumbull State Park. This park located in New London offers a place to travel on a budget in Connecticut. Get an interactive look at the history of the area in the visitor's center, areas to walk to enjoy the views of the Thames River, a fort to explore, and amazing fishing opportunities on the fishing pier that has over 500 feet of shoreline. Located at: 90 Walbach Street, New London, CT 06320.
- Connecticut Fall Foliage Driving Tours. There are two routes that go across the state of Connecticut that showcase the fall foliage the best. Enjoying these routes during the fall is a breathtaking journey. Location: Rt. 169.
- Ocean Beach Park. This park in New London is a place to travel on a budget in Connecticut offers a beach, saltwater as well as pool swimming, a water slide, children's area, miniature golf, a boardwalk, food, night entertainment, and much more. Location: 1225 Ocean Avenue, New London, CT 06320.
- Historic Ship Nautilus & Submarine Force Museum. This museum in Groton is home to the first nuclear-powered submarine called the "Nautilus." Visitors are able to board the submarine and see what it was like for the crew. There is a museum to explore, a theater, gift shop, and picnic area. Location: 1 Crystal Lake Road, Groton, CT 06340.
- Rocky Neck State Park. This park located in East Lyme offers a large pavilion, trails, saltwater swimming, fishing, hiking, and camping in wooded campsites. Location: 244 West Main Street, Niantic, CT 06357.
- Devil's Hopyard State Park. This park in Colchester offers an interesting sight to see. Visit the location to view pothole stone formations. There are many stories as to how these holes got into the stone. The park also offers bicycling, hiking, picnicking, birding, camping, and stream fishing. Location: 366 Hopyard Road, East Haddam, CT 06423.
- Dinosaur State Park. This park is a great place to travel on a budget in Connecticut. Located in Rocky Hill, it allows visitors to view the over 200 million-year-old fossil track way. There are interactive exhibits, nature trail hiking, an arboretum, and picnicking. Location: 400 West Street, Rocky Hill, CT 06067.
- Shoreline Trolley Museum. This museum in East Haven displays the world's first electric freight locomotive, the world's oldest rapid transit car, guided tours, special events, and much more. Location: 17 River Street, East Haven, CT 06512.
- New England Civil War Museum. This museum in Vernon offers a place to travel on a budget in Connecticut. It houses one of the best collections of Civil War artifacts in the area. Location: 14 Park PLace, Vernon Rockville, CT 06066.
The ten places to travel on a budget in Connecticut is a small list of all the available places to travel to for cheap or free in the state. The best way to discover more is to start exploring!