These days, most Americans are paying closer attention to their money, but watching your pennies doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy a nice vacation—these 10 places to travel on a budget in Florida will help you have a great time without breaking the bank. Check out this list, and then pack your bags.
1. Cape Canaveral. Home to the Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral gives patrons an up-close glimpse at the wonders of space travel. The Kennedy Space Center offers tours of NASA’s spaceport facilities, daily astronaut encounters, and towering rockets. Admission also gets you into the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, which houses astronaut memorabilia, simulators and other displays, so add Cape Canaveral to the list of places to travel on a budget in Florida.
2. The Everglades. A vast, mysterious area of Florida, the Everglades are full of history and natural wonders. If you travel the Everglades Trail, a 300-mile path that has twenty marked sites throughout Florida, you will experience plants, wildlife, and unimaginable beauty. The possibilities are endless: search for panther tracks at the Florida Panther National Wildlife Refuge in Naples or study the ancient the cypress trees at the Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge in Boynton Beach.
3. Key West. Known for nightlife, key lime pie, and coral reefs, Key West is the southernmost point in America. Site of the World Sailfish Championship and the Ernest Hemingway house, make sure to include Key West on the list of places to travel on a budget in Florida.
4. St. Augustine. As the oldest city in the United States, St. Augustine offers visitors a chance to study over 500 years of history. For minimal cost, you can see the Castillo de San Marcos National Monument, the oldest U.S. stone fort; the Spanish Quarter Village, a museum that portrays life in colonial St. Augustine; and the Fountain of Youth Discovery Park, made famous by Ponce de Leon.
5. The Beach. With over 1,197 miles of coastline, Florida offers visitors plenty of white sands and blue waters. Check out Destin, Fort Lauderdale, or Miami Beach. All you really need are sand toys, towels, and sunscreen, which means the beach definitely ranks as another place to travel on a budget in Florida
6. Suwannee River Trail. Made famous by Stephen Foster, the Suwannee River exemplifies the Old South and tells the story of old Florida. Began your journey along this 170-mile in White Springs, and use the hub system, a series of locations spaced a day's travel apart, to discover a whole, new world. Paddle, hike, bicycle, camp, or fish as you enjoy this adventure.
7. Biscayne National Park. About an hour’s drive from Miami, Biscayne National Park houses an array of f mammals, birds, and fish. The Biscayne National Park serves as a sanctuary for a rare combination of aquamarine waters, emerald islands, and fish-bejeweled coral reefs. With glass bottom boat rides, Ranger talks, and wildlife watching, everyone in your group will enjoy the Biscayne National Park.
8. Daytona. For racing enthusiasts, the Daytona Speedway offers Speedway tours, racing simulators, and the Chevy sixteen second Pit Stop Challenge. If you don’t care about fast cars, Daytona should still make the cut of ten places to travel on a budget in Florida. The Ponce Inlet Light Station and museum, as well as the area beaches, give you other options for a great time.
9. Fairchild Tropic Botanical Garden. Located in Coral Gables, the Fairchild Tropic Botanical Garden is the largest tropical botanical garden in the United States, boasting an amazing collection of palms, cycads, flowering trees, and vines. Visitors can explore the grounds and learn more about tropical vegetation.
10. Disney World. Although you can definitely spend a small fortune visiting Disney World, don’t cross this theme park off your list of ten places to travel on a budget in Florida. Value resorts at the park, meal packages, and discount travel web sites can keep the costs down during a trip to the happiest place on earth. Other cost cutting tips include traveling off season, packing snacks, and buying souvenirs outside the park.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."