10 Places to Travel on a Budget: Kentucky
Looking for 10 places to travel on a budget in Kentucky? Taking a vacation on a budget can be tricky if you aren't sure where to go to maximize your tourist dollar. Kentucky is one of America’s best places to travel on a budget, as it offers a wealth of attractions, plenty of cheap lodging and pleasant scenery.
- Shaker Village. Shaker Village in Kentucky, a restored Shaker settlement and the largest of its kind, is a great place to travel on a budget.
- Woodford Reserve. For lovers of alcohol, the Woodland Reserve rates among the best places to travel on a budget on Kentucky’s famed Bourbon Trail.
- Kentucky Horse Park. The Kentucky Horse Park is home to two museums, as well as a variety of horse shows.
- Lincoln's boyhood home. While it is actually just a re-construction of Abraham Lincoln’s boyhood home, for history enthusiasts, this is an exciting and important place to travel on a budget in Kentucky.
- Mammoth Cave National Park. Kentucky is home to the world’s largest network of caves. These caves extend for approximately 365 miles.
- National Corvette Museum. If you’re into cars, you won’t want to miss the National Corvette Museum, which many car enthusiasts consider to be among the best places to travel on a budget in Kentucky.
- Churchill Downs. The home of the Kentucky Derby is a must-see for everyone traveling to Kentucky, regardless of whether you are into horse racing.
- Muhammed Ali Center. For boxing aficionados, this is one of the best places to travel on a budget in the world. Explore the history of the legendary fighter while in Kentucky.
- Kaelin’s. Kaelin’s restaurant claims to have invented the cheeseburger in 1934. The food is good and inexpensive, making this a great place to have dinner when visiting Kentucky.
- Shelbyville. Shelbyville is a quaint small town known for its impressive array of antique shops. If you're looking for a quiet, relaxing stop during your travels, visit Shelbyville.