Want to learn about 10 places to travel on a budget in Louisiana? Louisiana, known as the sportsmen's paradise, is a great place to find places to travel on a budget. Louisiana offers big cities, wildlife, hunting grounds, mysterious mansions and outrageous food. Travelling in Louisiana is easy to do with a limited amount of funds.
New Orleans. The city of jazz and mystery, New Orleans has lots to offer for a traveller who has little cash. You can even ride the Amtrak train from Jackson, Mississippi, to New Orleans for around $22. During your stay, have beignets at Cafe de Monde for less than 10 bucks. Ride the trolly around the French Quarter for a very small fee and find the guy standing in the street with the sign which says "Huge Ass Beers to Go." You'll be glad you did.
Myrtles Plantation. Known as one of the most haunted houses in America, the Myrtles Estate is a great place to go on a budget. You can take a tour for only $8. The plantation is located in St. Francisville, Louisiana.
- Paddlewheel Boat Tour. If you happen to be in the New Orleans area, take a Paddlewheel Boat tour. These tours can be taken in the evening and include dinner, drinks and music.
- Cemetery Tour. In South Louisiana, bodies are buried above ground since the land is mostly below sea level. Many of these old cemeteries offer day and night tours for the brave and willing.
Louisiana State Capitol Building. In Baton Rouge, the Louisiana State Capitol Building is one of the main attractions. When you travel on a budget in Louisiana, this is one of the places that you will want to visit. You can wander around on your own or take a tour for a very small fee.
- Acadian Village. Located in Lafayette, you can see a little piece of Acadian Louisiana life with a tour of this village. It is a wonderful representation of the Cajun lifestyle of the past.
- Kisatchie National Forest. Here you can travel on a budget and enjoy many outdoor activities such as camping, biking, boating and swimming.
- Superdome. For a limited fee, you can take a tour of the Superdome in New Orleans. This activity is a must for sports fans.
- Mardi Gras. New Orleans during Mardi Gras parade is one of the best places to travel on a budget in Louisiana. You can watch Mardi Gras parades for free and enjoy cheap food and beverages during the festival.
- Black Bayou. Located in Monroe, Louisiana, Black Bayou is a wildlife refuge that offers tours for a very limited fee. Visit the visitor's center and the 400 foot wildlife pier.
Louisiana is filled with places to travel on a budget. Get the most for your money by travelling by bus or train and eating street foods in large cities such as New Orleans and Baton Rouge.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert ...
What Makes Men Attractive to Women
What women want—confidence, a sense of humor and abs.