With its craggy mountain peaks and lush valleys, these are ten places to travel on a budget in Montana. You don't need a lot of money to have a great time in Montana. Visit state parks, cities, ghost towns and other attractions.
- Missoula. Hike up the "M" trail on Mount Sentinel to get an overhead view of the town of Missoula including the University of Montana, Missoula campus. Ride the carousel at Caras Park or spend the day a Splash Montana, Missoula's inexpensive water park.
- Glacier National Park. Soar to unbelievable heights as you drive through Glacier National Park on Going-to-the-Sun Road. Relax along the banks of St. Mary Lake surrounded by high mountain peaks. Stay the night at one of thirteen different campgrounds to immerse yourself in nature.
- Granite Ghost Town. Visit a real ghost town near Philipsburg, Montana. This place to travel on a budget is free to all visitors. View remnants of an old town high up in the mountains. Visit the Stamp Mill Ruins where Granite villagers used to earn their money.
- Rosebud Battlefield State Park. Travel to the Rosebud Battlefield State Park on a budget and visit this important area to Native American culture. You can visit the park all year round to learn the history of the battle. You can also go hiking, hunting and picnicking in this beautiful state park.
- Two Medicine Dinosaur Center. Montana has had many successful dinosaur digs. Visit the Two Medicine Dinosaur Center in Bynum, Montana to see a real archeological dinosaur dig site where fossils have been found. See life-size skeletal models of various Montana-area dinosaurs.
- Fort Peck Dam and Power Plant Museum. This is a great place to travel on a budget in Montana. Visit the power plant museum to learn more about the dam and to view a real Triceratops skull.
- Elkhorn State Park. Located in Boulder, Montana, Elkhorn State Park features an old ghost town from the days of silver mining. Hike around the area or read signs to learn the history of the old town of Elkhorn.
- Butte. One of the most populated cities of Montana, Butte has many attractions for those on a budget. Visit the Dumas Brothel Museum to learn the history of an old brothel. Takes pictures at the Ringing Rocks point of interest to see an interesting geological formation or to spend time immersed in nature.
- Three Forks. This small town is packed with attractions. Spend your days at the Madison Buffalo Jump State Park or the Missouri Headwaters State Park. Take pictures of scenery or have a picnic amidst nature. Visit the Headwaters Heritage Museum to learn the history of the Missouri Headwaters area.
- Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument. This historical spot is best known as being the site of Colonel Custer's last stand against the Sioux and Cheyenne Native American tribes. Visit the museum for exhibits about the history of the battle or hike through the area where the battle took place.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.