10 Places to Travel on a Budget: Nevada
If you are looking for 10 places to travel on a budget, Nevada has got what you are looking for. Nevada is one of the more fascinating places to travel on a budget in the continental United States, offering a blend of wild kitsch cities with miles of empty desert.
- Las Vegas. While Las Vegas is of course Nevada’s leading attraction, travelers often balk at the idea of visiting Las Vegas, assuming that, like most big cities, it’s not a great place to travel on a budget. But actually, if you stay in a cheap hotel, take advantage of the city’s cheap outlet stores for shopping and research cheap entertainment, such as the Show in the Sky, which is free, Las Vegas can be an attractive vacation option indeed.
- Reno. Reno is one of the more fascinating places to travel on a budget in Nevada, boasting a lively art scene, numerous late night bars and fascinating shops and boutique.
- Genoa. For history buffs, Genoa is a must-stop on any Nevada itinerary. It is home to Nevada’s oldest bar, the Genoa Bar, reminiscent of the Old West.
- Carson City. Carson City is home to the Nevada State Museum, among other interesting attractions.
- Unionville. Step back into the nineteenth century when you go to this, one of Nevada’s most unusual places to travel on a budget, a former silver mining town.
- Ponderosa Saloon. Here, you can take a mine tour through 300 miles of underground tunnels beneath the town of Virginia City.
- Elko. A major center of Basque immigration in the late nineteenth century, the town is now home to four cheap Basque restaurants, making it a price place to travel on a budget for foodies.
- Oats Park Art Center. All exhibitions are free at this unusual art center, which is located in the middle of the desert. A must for anyone interested in culture and looking for interesting places to travel on a budget in the southwest.
- Black Rock City. This “city” in the middle of the desert only exists for one week every year – during the famous Burning Man Festival, during which everything is free.
- Lake Tahoe. Rooms are available for as low as $30 a night in this ski paradise.