10 Places to Travel on a Budget: New Jersey
New Jersey has ten of the best places to travel on a budget, and enjoy your self. Even though New Jersey isn’t a very large state, there’s plenty you can do and stay within your budget.
- If you’ve heard of Cape May, then you’ve heard about the beach. This is one of our small islands located in South Jersey. There’s so much to keep you busy in this town, and still keep you in your budget, including laying out, surfing, fishing on the party boats, or walking on the promenade. They have many restaurants and bars, where several locals play in bands.
- Wildwood is widely known for there boardwalk with rides, also having a water park, which is great during the hot summer days, and will keep you in your budget. They also have several restaurants and bars, where more of the local bands play. Wildwood has party boats you can fish on, or whale/dolphin watching boats.
- If you haven’t heard of AC then you haven’t been listening. It’s on TV shows, movies, and even commercials, and we’re sure someone in your family has gone for there own adventure. Atlantic City is known for its gambling, glamorous hotels, and boardwalk/beach. Not many other places with the exception of Las Vegas, allow gambling, but AC is a local opportunity to waist away the money you want, but you have other options too.
- Ocean City is a gorgeous place to visit, with its also well-known boardwalk, and beautiful beach, you must check out. Again, this is one of there several small Islands, that have many restaurants and bars, and is known very well as a tourist town. Ocean City allows for golfing on a beautiful day and gorgeous hotels that are happy to keep you entertained.
- Sea Isle City provides you with many restaurants and bars, and you can always find something that suites you whether its seafood, pizza, or a big steak. You can have a night out on the town or stay in and still have a wonderful time, because your just blocks away from everywhere. Another beach located in town, which is wonderful, especially if you are traveling from a place that might not have a beach.
- Avalon is a gorgeous beach town, where all the locals count on the tourists in the summer. There are many restaurants and bars and again another boardwalk always loaded with people. The beach is always just a few blocks away, which saves you the hassle if there is traffic. The beach has great waves to catch if you like to surf, and is wonderful to get a tan on, and if you're hungry, just run up to the boardwalk and grab a slice of pizza.
- Stone Harbor has a beach, but it’s not as populated as the last couple places we've mentioned. Stone Harbor has several shops up and down the strip that has everything you can think of. Stone Harbor has several top line hotels, with beautiful views of the Ocean. This place seems like they aim for a much younger crowd, but there is still plenty to do.
- Trenton is just a little different from the rest. To southern Jersey, this is known as North Jersey, but not quite there yet. The state capital has many historical buildings, and beauty wrapped up in one. There are museums, galleries, beautiful hotels, and several landmarks, you’ll want to visit.
- Hamilton Township was always a favorite due to its several malls located through out the town. This is where most people did all there clothes, sports, or big stock shopping. You will see several families around, but you also might have to deal with heavy traffic.
- Allentown is a gorgeous town filled with historic buildings, and shops. At some point you will want to visit, and we guarantee you will enjoy it know matter what interests you.
There are several places you can visit in New Jersey and travel on a budget. We hope you are able to sniff around all of these cities and towns.