Finding places to travel on a budget in Oregon is quite easy; all you’ll need is a car and the rest is up to you! Here are the top 10 places to travel on a budget in Oregon.
- First thing to do to travel on a budget in Oregon is follow the Oregon Trail through Eastern Oregon. Channel your own pioneer spirit and stop at the (free!) historical sites along the way while retracing the routes of Lewis and Clark and the wagon trains heading west. Here in September? You can participate in the Pendleton Round-up.
- Next, up on our list of the best places to travel on a budget in Oregon is the Columbia River Gorge. Stop at Willamette Falls and Cascade Locks; both completely free, the former a natural wonder and the latter a man-made wonder.
- The Oregon Coast is definitely a must-see at least once in everyone’s lifetime and tops the list of places to travel on a budget in Oregon. Nearly all beaches offer free access to the public. Seaside, Oregon, located 90 minutes west of Portland is the most frequently visited ocean front town and offers the typical boardwalk scene. A little farther south down the coast is Cannon Beach, a quieter, more artsy town perfect for romantic get-aways.
- Willamette Valley Vineyard Tour is the next top place to travel on a budget in Oregon. The Willamette Valley is becoming increasingly well-known among the wine-loving crowd. A fantastic, low-cost day (or two or three) can be spent visiting many world-class vineyards…what better way than to travel on a budget in Oregon?
- Rogue Valley/Southern Oregon offers the home of the funky, arts community, Ashland, which is best known for the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. Outdoors more your scene? The Rogue Valley is also home to Crater Lake, the United State’s deepest lake (seventh deepest in the world). Can’t beat the Rogue Valley for super cheap deals that let you travel on a budget to Oregon.
- Timberline Lodge, Mt. Hood’s famous ski hotel can be visited for free any time of the year for those traveling on a budget. If you’ve seen The Shining, you’ll recognize Timberline Lodge – it was used for all the exterior shots in the movie.
- Finally, no visit to Oregon would be complete without a stay in the city of roses, Portland. Within the city limits, there are many activities that are low or no-cost, perfect things to do to travel on a budget in Oregon! A definite must on any to-see list is Forest Park, home of the International Rose Test Gardens.
- Combine our numbers 8 and 9 on our list of the top 10 places to travel on a budget in Oregon and you’ll have a great and low-cost way to spend a Saturday in Portland. Start of in the south park blocks at Portland’s Farmer’s Market. You can sample fresh food and wares from dozens of local vendors and easily eat your share of delicious food for less than $10.
- From there, head down to the waterfront and walk the aisles of Portland’s Saturday Market (also open on Sundays!). Both are outdoors, so bundle up in the colder months and be sure to bring an umbrella just about any time of the year – this is Portland, after all!
- Finally, the last thing to do when you travel on a budget in Oregon is to take some time to explore Portland’s Pearl District. The Pearl District is Portland’s trendiest neighborhood and home to countless art galleries, boutique shops, excellent restaurants and a hopping nightlife scene. Try to make it to First Thursday, held on the first Thursday of every month, when galleries stay open later and most bars and restaurants offer lower cost dining specials which offers fantastic deals for traveling on a budget! Also, while in the Pearl, don’t miss a chance to stop at Powell’s City of Books, a giant bookstore taking up a whole city block and three stories. Home to literally millions of new, used, and rare books you can stock up your library with hard to find volumes on a miser’s budget.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.