Here are 10 places to travel on a budget in Pennsylvania. Whether your from Pennsylvania or from out of state, Pennsylvania is a great choice when looking to travel on a budget! Whether you want to travel on a budget to rural, suburban, or urban Pennsylvania, there are plenty of options for you!
1. Philadelphia. The city of brotherly love has a bunch of options for budget traveling, including plenty of free activities. The historic city of Philadelphia has plenty of educational stops like Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell Center in Center City, Philadelphia. There are also plenty of other beautiful landmarks, inexpensive restaurants, and shops in the Center City area of Philadelphia.
2. Pittsburgh. The second largest city in Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, is another wonderful option for traveling on budget in Pennsylvania. Go to a baseball game at PNC Park, check out some contemporary art at The Mattress Factory, or get an awesome view of the city on the Duquesne and Monongahela Incline Railroads (for only $2.00)!
3. The Lehigh Valley. The Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton area of Pennsylvania has a lot to offer while traveling on a budget. Enjoy quiet escapes to beautiful parks in Allentown, like Cedar Beach and Trexler Park, enjoy the lovely restaurant and shops on Main St. or the South Side of Bethlehem, or take your kids to the popular Crayola Factory in Easton!
4. Harrisburg. The capitol city of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, has a lot of great inexpensive places to visit if your a history or politcs buff. The Capitol building is quite the site to see!
5. Erie. Erie, Pennsylvania has some beautiful, yet cheap places to visit, including the Maritime Museum and the Bicentennial Tower, which offers a great view of the city, or take a ride on the Brig Niagra ship.
6. Lancaster. Lancaster is a lovely Amish town in rural Pennsylvania, and a great destination for a budget vacation to relax and explore. Take a drive or a horse and buggy ride through the lovely Amish farmlands, and be sure to stop and visit the local famer's markets and farm stands, too!
7. Hershey. This well known chocolate town is another awesome destination even without a lot of cash! Go to Chocolate World, which is open even when Hershey Park is closed in the winter, or visit the beautiful Hershey Gardens.
8. New Hope. New Hope is a lovely, picturesque town located about an hour north of Center City Philadelphia. The town is filled with lovely, affordable shops, restaurants, and art galleries, and it's within minutes of the popular Peddler's Village, too, making it a very convenient location to travel to on a budget.
9. Gettysburg. The town of Gettysburg, famous for the historic battle there during the American Civil War, has plenty of affordable options for visitors, including the Gettysburg Battlefield bus tours and a tour of the Jennie Wade House.
10. West Chester. West Chester, a town less than an hour from Center City Philadelphia, offers a lot of wonderful shops, bars, and restaurants, even for those who are traveling on a budget.
Enjoy your budget traveling in the beautiful state of Pennsylvania!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
You’re Not a Man Unless You Can Cook These 5 Meals
You're not off the hook: This list includes dessert.