10 Places to Travel on a Budget: Tennessee
When looking for some fun activities to enjoy, check out the top 10 places to travel on a budget in Tennessee. There is something for everyone, and some are even free! Budget-friendly lodging is also available near all of these attractions. Ya'll come!
- Hidden Harbor Marina The pristine Center Hill Lake in the beautiful mountains of Tennessee offers a lot of fun! Cabins start at $75 per night. There are boat rentals available. Camping rates start at $20 per night. Hidden Harbor Marina: 2685 Casey Cove Road, Smithville, TN 37166. Phone (615) 597-8800.
- Sevierville Forbidden Caverns
- Arlington Vineyards This is owned by Kix Brooks or Brooks & Dunn. The beautiful vineyard is worth the tour. Samples are offered. Choose a nice bottle of wine, then toss a blanket on the ground and have a nice picnic on a budget. Arlingon Vineyards: 6211 Patton Road, Arrington, TN 37014. Phone: (615) 395-0102.
- The Peabody Hotel Drop in the Peabody in Memphis, Tennessee at noon or 5:00 to watch the time honored tradition of the "duck parade". The ducks actually parade through the hotel lobby to the fountain. The Peabody Hotel: 149 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38103. Phone: (901) 529-4000.
- Jack Daniel's Distillery Take a tour of this famous Tennessee distillery. It really is worth it! No samples are given out, but you can purchase collectible bottles in the gift shop. Jack Daniel's Distillery 182 Lynchburg Highway, Lynchburg, TN 37352. Phone: (931) 759-4221.
- Bristol Motor Speedway Take a trip to see a Nascar race, or another racing event there. A fun filled day for sports enthusiasts, and plenty of events throughout the year. Bristol Motor Speedway 151 Speedway Blvd. Bristol, TN 37620. Phone: (423) 989-6933.
- Graceland Tour the home of Elvis! Tickets start around $30 for adults. It is quite an extensive tour. 3734 Elvis Presley Blvd., Memphis, TN 38116 Phone: (901) 332-3322.
- Bell Witch Cave & Canoes If you were a fan of history and the paranormal, this is the place for you! This is real budget friendly outting. Take a tour of the cave and farm of one of the most haunted places in Tennessee, and perhaps, America. Bell Witch Cave & Canoes 430 Keysburg Road, Adams, TN 37010-4759. Phone: (615) 696-3055.
- Dollywood A fun filled day at the world famous Dolly Parton's Dollywood. Prices start at $55, which is not at all expensive for an entire day of fun! Dollywood 1020 Dollywood Ln. Pigeon Forge, TN 37863. Phone: (865) 428-9488. Toll Free: (800) 365-5996.
- Country Music Hall Of Fame and Museum Everyone knows that Nashville, Tennessee is known for country music. and this is the place to see its history from the beginning. Prices start under $20, and there's plenty to do to keep you busy all day. There are a lot of other things to see within walking distance which will keep travel to a minimum. Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum 222 Fifth Ave. S., Nashville, TN 37203. Phone: (615) 416-2001, or toll Free: (800) 852-6437.