10 Places To Travel To In February
These 10 places to travel to in February offer a chance to get out and enjoy the winter snow and also to get a tan. The world's a big place and fortunately sun worshipers can follow the sun, while at the same time those who enjoy the wet and wild snow can take a jet to a snowy location to snow board or ski.
- Carnival in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Carnival in Rio is the place to be in February. Parades, partying and streets full of revelers provide visitors fun in the sun in Brazil. The party atmosphere in Rio blows away any cold weather blues. Scantily-clad women, food and drink are the orders of the day during Carnival.
- Winter Carnival in Quebec. This Canadian province celebrates another kind of carnival that focuses on winter fun each February. While Quebec party people wear more clothes compared to the February Rio Carnival, the food and drink flow on the same level.
- Southern California. While southern California can be cold and windy in February, the area can also experience the warm Santa Ana winds during that same month. Inland temperatures for southern California average in the upper 60s and lower 70s so bring your bathing suit and select a hotel with a swimming pool.
- Florida. Temps for the Sunshine State include weather in the low 70s, but temperatures can reach in the upper 80s, even in February. Go boating or spend the day at amusement parks. The outdoors is perfect in Florida during the month of February.
- Southern Texas. The Lone Star State offers a great option for places to travel to in February. With comfortable temps ranging in the low 70s, South Padre Island offers visitors to the southern part of the state the perfect climate for water sports or sitting by the swimming pool.
- Arizona desert. The state of Arizona has long been known by Easterners escaping the winter snows. Golfing, tennis, swimming and hiking in the local parks and natural preserves are typical February activities for the snowbirds and guests to the state during the winter month.
- Colorado ski resorts. Vacationers and visitors looking for February snow will find it in the Colorado ski resorts of Aspen, Copper Mountain, Silverton, Steamboat, Telluride, Winter Park and Wolf Creek are at full snow capacity in February, the perfect place for snow boarding or downhill skiing.
- Utah ski resorts. Utah is another great February location for travelers who enjoy the winter outdoors and downhill and cross-country ski enthusiasts. Snow boarders also have a choice of winter ski resorts to show their technique. Utah resorts include Alta, Brighton, Snowbird and Solitude in the Salt Lake City area and Deer Valley, Park City Mountain, The Canyons and Sundance near Park City. Quality February snow can also be found at Beaver and Powder Mountain, Snowbasin, Brian Head and Eagle Point. Northern resorts also feature skiing at Wolf Creek.
- New Mexico. This southwestern state also offers February travelers more options for skiing at Angel Fire and Ski Valley near Taos. Travelers wanting a relaxing spa experience can find treatments, along with gourmet dining and a collection of art galleries in Santa Fe. Combine the spa with the slopes after a short drive to Ski Santa Fe, a short drive away from the downtown spas and hotels.
- New Orleans, Louisiana. Warm up and enjoy jazz and zydeco music in the Big Easy in February. Stay over a few more weeks and plan a joint celebration with Mardi Gras. The Crescent City offers fine dining and a collection of art galleries and museums, in addition to a lively nightlife.