10 Places To Travel In October
There are more than 10 places to travel in October, but you can't be everywhere at once. Some people like outdoor fun and some like Halloween fun, but in this list of places to travel, there is something for everyone.
- Germany Germany has to rank among the best places to travel in October simply because of Oktoberfest. If you enjoy drinking beer in giant tents surrounded by German men and hot busty blondes, you will love this trip.
- Disney World If you want some fun for the family, head to Disney World in Orlando, Florida. Each year the popular Orlando, Florida theme park adopts a Halloween theme for the holiday where you will find Mickey Mouse and friends in their scariest outfits.
- Capri The country of Italy attracts visitors from all over the world all year long but the summer heat can be too intense for some. The island of Capri just off the southern coast is a beautiful destination and the October climate is perfect to make it one of the best places to be.
- Timbuktu The mysterious mud brick city in Mali is one of the best places to visit in the fall. The unbearable summer heat makes it out of bounds for mid-year, but the cooler weather allows exploration in the fall.
- London The weather is usually awful in October, but if you are a sports fan, October is when the really big soccer games get underway. Go and watch Chelsea, Arsenal or West Ham and find London a great place to visit during October.
- Las Vegas It isn't as hot outside, but it is always hot inside the strip clubs and bars of Las Vegas. This has to be one of the best travel spots year round because you can't go wrong with topless dancers.
- Key West The popular south Florida destination is popular with travelers in October. The bugs that will eat you alive in summer are gone, but luckily the drinks and women are still to be found.
- Ireland There are many haunted castles in Ireland, but during the summer with the sun setting late, they just are not scary enough. The howling wind and driving rain in the fall make haunted Ireland one of the ten best places to travel in October.
- Atlanta Nicknamed "Hotlanta" during the '96 Olympics because of the awful heat, this city is a place best visited in cooler months. The CNN center and the Atlanta Braves will keep you entertained.
- Bahama Cruise The hurricane season typically dies down by the end of September, which makes the chance of cancellation pretty remote. If you want to relax on the ocean, this is one of the best places to travel in October.
Posted on: Oct. 11, 2010