Getting older is a natural stage of life, but luckily, there are 10 pop songs on growing up that are sure to help you cope. Once you’ve given these songs a listen, you will have never felt so good about transitioning into the next stage of life!
- Green Day’s “Good Riddance” is the epitome of a song about growing up and moving on. With all of the hardships of getting older, all kinds of people can find solace in the lyrics and melodies of this hit.
- One of the greatest pop songs about growing up happens to be “Graduation” by Vitamin C. It was one of the more popular theme songs of countless graduation and school events, but it’s undeniable that it perfectly celebrates the act of growing up.
- When you feel that moving on and growing up will never be possible, have a listen to Natasha Bedingfield’s “Unwritten.” Bedingfield sings about starting anew and opening up new chapters, and there’s no doubt it’s one of the best pop songs on growing up.
- Modest Mouse never hit the mainstream with anything other than “Float On,” but it’s a perfect example of moving on in life. One of the most memorable lyrics from the song is, “And we’ll all float on okay.”
- Even though the lead singer does a lot of reminiscing in “Photograph” by Nickelback, the song also celebrates growing up. The memories that he sings of can be related to by many, and that’s part of what makes this song one of the greatest pop songs about growing up.
- You may recognize “I’ve Had the Time of My Life” by Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes from the movie, Dirty Dancing. However, there’s no doubt that it’s all about growing up and moving on.
- “I Will Remember You” by Sarah McLachlan is one of the more somber pop songs on growing up, but it’s definitely one of the best. In this specific case, McLachlan sings about moving on or regretting a love. All in all, she exposes the painful side of moving on from regret and growing up, and it’s still a wonderful track.
- “Forever Young” by Bob Dylan is a timeless piece of art due to its deep meaning and wise lyrics.In this wonderful track, Dylan wishes the listener to do all sorts of things such as grow up to be righteous, be courageous, be attentive, and so much more. “Forever Young” is undoubtedly one of the most brilliant tracks ever created on growing up.
- In “15” by Taylor Swift, she gives us insight on what it’s like to grow up and finally enter high school. The song is perfect for any teen that is transitioning into high school, and it certainly captures the essence of growing up.
- In “Bittersweet Symphony” by the Verve, you instantly get a sense of what’s to come in the real world. Along with the great things that accompany a coming of age, there are also bad things. “Bittersweet Symphony” describes all in such a beautiful way, and it’s definitely one of the best pop songs about growing up.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …