10 Popular '80s Actors
The '80s was basically a wasteland where artfully crafted films were concerned, but there were 10 popular '80s actors that kept the industry afloat. And most will agree that these include:
- Clint Eastwood This actor/director filled seats with fare such as “Tightrope”, “Pale Rider”and other thought-provoking pieces in the 1980’s…and kept the commercial film industry alive as one of 10 popular 1980’s actors.
- Harrison Ford In the 1980’s Ford appeared in two “Indiana Jones”films and two “Star Wars” films.
- Eddie Murphy Many of the bright spots in 1980s films were due to this fine actor’s performances in features such as “Beverly Hills Cop”and “48 Hours”…that still remain pertinent today.
- Geena Davis Think about hits such as “The Fly”, “Tootsie”and “Beetlejuice”. Then think about Geena Davis.
- Shelley Duvall “Time Bandits”, “The Shining”and “Popeye”are reasons enough to include Duvall on this list.
- Robert De Niro This cinema icon starred in features such as “Raging Bull”, “The King of Comedy”and “The Untouchables”in the 1980s. And thus he became one of the ten most popular 1980’s actors.
- Kathleen Turner“Body Heat”, “Romancing the Stone”and now legendary voice-over work in “Who Framed Roger Rabbit”made this screen siren an obvious choice as a popular 1980’s actor.
- Barbara Hershey “The Right Stuff”, “Hoosiers”and“The Last Temptation of Christ”were only a few of the hits this actress starred in during the '80s decade…making her an obvious choice as yet another popular 1980’s actor.
- Mia Farrow Before her divorce from Woody Allen, this fantastic actress starred in numerous hits he wrote and directed in the 1980s. And this made her one of the most popular 1980’s actor.
- Kim Greist Though not as well-known as other popular 1980’s actors, this performer made a name for herself with films such as “Brazil”, “Manhunter”and “Throw Mama from the Train”in this decade.
Further, the majority of these performers still remain active today. And most all of their work merits inspection.