Juice up your power hour with these 10 power hour drinking songs. The whole point of a power hour is to drink, so shouldn’t power hour drinking songs recognize this fact? The following ten power hour drinking songs are all about booze. These ten songs won’t get you through the hour, but these songs will at least remind everyone why they’re playing in the first place.
- “40 oz . to Freedom” – Sublime. There’s a lot of songs that mention 40’s, but few are as smooth as this Sublime classic. And hey, shouldn’t the song be as smooth as the delicious malt liquor it represents? We think so. Put this power hour drinking song on your next list, or just put it on repeat and play Edward 40 hands instead.
- “Gin & Juice” – Snoop Dogg. White people probably didn’t think about mixing juice and gin before Snoop’s ‘94 classic. We’re glad he did though. Nothing’s better than some Seagram’s when you’ve got your mind on your money and your money on your mind.
- “Shots” – LMFAO ft. Lil John. This is a great power hour drinking song because LMFAO sings about the exact thing you are currently doing—shots, specifically shots of beer, but if you feel like getting a little reckless you can take shots of anything.
- “Beer” – Reel Big Fish. 90’s ska bands loved to sing about drinking, which is good, because “Beer” is one of the best power hour drinking songs around. It’s got an uplifting sound and, like the above song, the lyrics are relevant to power hours.
- “The Piano Has Been Drinking” – Tom Waits. Have you noticed that the carpet needs a haircut? Mr. Waits has. Apparently (as evidenced by his Marge Simpson voice) Waits has been drinking and smoking since the womb. Congratulations, if these lyrics make any sense to you, you’re clearly hammered.
- “Margaritaville” – Jimmy Buffet. Whatever your feelings are on Jimmy Buffet, the guy knows how to party. If you want to see thousands of drunk mothers, go to a Jimmy Buffet concert. Seriously, if he can get your parents to rage, he can do the same for your friends. Put Mr. Buffet’s classic drinking song on your list of power hour drinking songs. You won’t be disappointed.
- "One Bourbon, One Scotch, One Beer” – George Thorogood & the Destroyers. George Thorogood says you’re all a bunch of pansies. When he and the Destroyers play power hour they drink a bourbon, a scotch, and a beer every minute for as long as they’re still standing.
- "Brass Monkey" – Beastie Boys. No one knows what brass monkey is, but we all wish we were drinking it. Put this jam on your power hour list and everyone will be doing that funky monkey (hopefully with protection).
- “I Get Knocked Down” – Chumbawamba. You know that point in the power hour where everyone is pretty drunk and kind of over the whole scene? The power hour is in serious jeopardy of disbanding at this point, which is why the 40 minute mark is the perfect place for “I Get Knocked Down.” Yes, power hours are hard, and yes, we’re all pissing the night away, but seriously, we’re gonna get up again because you’re never gonna keep me down.
- “Closing Time” – Semisonic. This is a great song to put on the end of you’re power hour drinking songs list, because at the end of a power hour it’s like “hey, get out of my apartment you leeches!” This way, Semisonic can say it for you. Remember kids, you don’t have to go home, but you can’t stay here.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …