10 Pumpkin Decorating Ideas
From carving, to painting, to doing something totally unique, here are ten pumpkin decorating ideas to use this Halloween.
- Carve your pumpkin using a knife and stencil (or try free-hand). There are many pumpkin decorating ideas using this method. Traditional jack-o-lanterns are always popular, but you can be creative here and carve words, scenes or other figures into the pumpkin.
- Need a safer pumpkin decorating idea? Have young children try painting jack-o-lantern faces onto the pumpkins, rather than risking injury by carving.
- Paint your pumpkin white. After the paint has dried, use black paint to create abstract designs over the white. This gives a really interesting effect.
- Use a
- Gilded pumpkins can be made by painting a base coat of any color onto the pumpkin. I suggest black. Once dry, apply stickers of any shape around the pumpkin. Next, apply
- Place a pumpkin in a large wrought iron planter or planter
- Carve out the insides of miniature-sized pumpkins (jack-be-little pumpkins). Then create candle holders for votive candles.
- Use self-adhesive ribbon. Wrap this around the pumpkin for a unique and rustic pumpkin decorating idea.
- Decorate and paint a variety of pumpkins. Try gathering some pumpkins of all shapes & sizes and piling them inside an unused fireplace.
- Create a snowman pumpkin. Just pile two or three pumpkins of different sizes on top of each other (largest on the bottom, smallest on the top), and add decorations, such as a scarf, hat, arms, etc. to complete your snowman.
Posted on: Mar. 12, 2010