10 Questions To Ask When Dating
At the very least, have 10 questions to ask when dating, so you can really get to know someone. Sparkling conversation over drinks at the bar sometimes requires a little prep beforehand. Arm yourself with these 10 questions, so you'll be able to fall back on them when needed. Just make sure that you don't end up sounding like an interviewer. Be relaxed and natural. Every so often, you can start out by answering a question about yourself first, then ask your date to answer the same question. When you ask these questions, be sure to listen to the answers, which could tell you a lot about your lady friend.
- Where did you grow up? This is a fine opener when dating. If she answers that she grew up in the same area as you, you can find out if you ever attended the same schools, if you might have some of the same childhood friends, and so on. If she says she grew up somewhere else, you can ask what it was like, and how it compares to your local area.
- What kind of work do you do, and do you enjoy it? You can tell a myriad of things about someone with how they answer this one. You'll know in general what kind of education and training she's had, as well as a ballpark of how much she makes. If she complains about her job a lot, she may be a negative person. If she finds positives in her situation, that's a good sign.
- What was the last thing that happened that made you smile? This will tell you what kind of humor your date has. It gives you a clue about her sense of optimism, too. If she has trouble thinking of something to respond with, she may be a real serious type.
- Tell me about your pets. If she doesn't have any pets now, ask about pets from the past. Most people like animals, and will gladly tell about their pets. This question will likely put her at ease with you.
- What's your favorite movie of all time? This question can start a whole conversation about particular movies, and entire genres of movies. Movie watching is a popular dating activity, so her answer to this can help you determine which movies to suggest on future dates.
- Do you have any brothers and sisters? Her answer will tell you about her family. You can get clues about her relationship with her family. As this question naturally broadens to your families, it will tell you if you have similar family backgrounds.
- Where do you like to go to hang out and have fun? Listen carefully to the answer here. She may have some great new ideas to share. Next time you see each other, you could go to some of her favorite spots.
- Which super power would you have, and why? Give your date choices, like invisibility, super strength, flying, elasticity, and any other comic book type powers you can think of. The answer here will tell you how creative she is by how much she elaborates on her answer.
- If you could go anywhere, where would you want to go, and what would you do there? The way she answers this will tell you if she's a dreamer, an adventurer, and a traveler. You can easily expand this one into a full blown, interesting travel conversation.
- Can I see you again? If you have used some of these 10 questions to ask when dating, the answer will likely be, "yes."
Remember, you don't have to use these 10 questions all at once. Just one or two of the dating questions can expand into larger conversations. When dating, don't become an interrogator. Just use the 10 questions to start conversation naturally.