The road to success is not a smooth nor easy one, as these 10 quotes from successful businessmen prove. Nor is it a road that a person without vision, perseverance and a sense of pride can negotiate Successful businessmen come from all countries and economic, educational and family backgrounds, but what they all have in common are the abilities to learn from their failures and to persevere even when it would be so much easier to quit.
- Henry Ford “Life is a series of experiences, each of which makes us bigger, even though it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character and we must learn that the setbacks and grieves which we endure help us in our marching onward.” Henry Ford founded the Ford Motor Company in 1903. He was credited with revolutionizing manufacturing techniques, which allowed the mass production of automobiles.
- Sam Walton "I had to pick myself up and get on with it, do it all over again, only even better this time." Sam Walton was the founder of Wal-Mart and did not open his first Wal-mart until the age of 44.
- Walt Disney “All the adversity I've had in my life, all my troubles and obstacles, have strengthened me. You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you.” Walt Disney was a visionary who made a living selling fantasy and entertainment. He was in his twenties when he and his brother started their famous animation studio.
- Soichiro Honda "Success represents the one percent of your work which results from the 99 percent that is called failure." In 1948, Honda began the Honda Motor Company. Today, Honda is one of the world's leading manufacturers of both motorcycles and cars.
- The world is changing very fast. Big will not beat small anymore. It will be the fast beating the slow." In 1954, Australian-born Rupert Murdoch took over the family's two newspapers after his father's death. Murdoch now owns publications and television stations in the United Kingdom, the United States and Asia.
- Bill Gates "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.” Bill Gates started programming computers at the age of thirteen. In 1975, Gates started Microsoft with his friend Paul Allen.
- Jean Paul Getty “No one can possibly achieve any real and lasting success or 'get rich' in business by being a conformist.” Billionaire Jean Paul Getty first tried his hand in the oil business in 1914. He eventually consolidated some of his business interests into the Getty Oil Company and became a billionaire.
- Warren Buffett “It takes twenty years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it. If you think about that, you'll do things differently.” He started working at his father’s brokerage at eleven-years-old. He is known as the Oracle of Omaha for his many wise investment decisions.
- Steve Jobs “In most people's vocabularies, design means veneer. It's interior decorating. It's the fabric of the curtains or the sofa. But to me, nothing could be further from the meaning of design. Design is the fundamental soul of a human-made creation that ends up expressing itself in successive outer layers of the product or service.” Steve Jobs is the founder and CEO. He also co-founded Pixar Animation Studios in 1986. Jobs resigned from Apple in 1985, but returned in the '90s and helped turn the company into an industry innovator and leader.
- Aristotle Onassis “We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest. We must learn to sail in high winds.” Aristotle Onassis, a Greek shipping magnate, was once a refugee whose family had lost everything. He is also famous for having married Jacqueline Kennedy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.