You planned a first date with someone you've had your eye on for a long time, but there is just one problem; it is raining outside and you need one of these ten rainy day first date ideas. If you planned to go to a movie, the only logistical problem might be getting there without risking ruining your hairdo, but if you had in mind a sports game or a stroll in the park, you might have to come up with an idea that is more appropriate for inclement weather. While movies are a favorite date option, you might want to consider something that will accommodate or stimulate conversation, since you are getting to know your first date. Below are some non-cinematic alternatives for a first date on a a rainy day.
- Museum. This is a cheap option that will help you get to know your date as you discuss art or other attractions.
Cafe. Just sitting and discussing books, news or life over a cup of coffee is a pleasant way to pass the time.
Pool hall. Playing pool is fun for beginners or advanced players. You might want to know what level you are each on, though, before attempting it, since some take the game seriously. Others don't mind just playing for fun.
- Bowling. The sound of thunder outside and the roll of the balls across the wooden floors might actually be a bit poetic.
- Skating rink. Feel like a kid again, and don't be too afraid of falling on your backside. Skating need not be for the brave only, and can be fun.
- Aquarium. You might feel drenched until you take a look at the fish. Water, water everywhere. Inside and outside.
- Poetry reading. The literati will like this idea. It is more interactive than a movie. Something about the beating of the rain on the windows might lend itself to meter and rhyme.
- Comedy show. You might just get heckled by the comedian rather than doing heckling yourself, but what the heck? Everyone wants to laugh, especially after getting drenched.
- Walking around a mall. This is a free and fun idea, and will help you get to know someone on a first date. Go window shopping and see what your date really likes.
- A drive in the rain. Yes, that's right, why not just stay in the car? A nice drive around the city in the rain might be fun.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?