10 Rap Songs About Couples
These 10 rap songs about couples would make a great, well-rounded album about relationships. Who says that hip hop doesn't have the ability to embrace the concept of love? Let these songs become your soundtrack if you and your "better half" make a great couple.
- Method Man & Mary J. Blige - "I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need To Get By." With this rap song about couples, the Wu Tang Clan's Method Man sends his wordplay right to the core of your heart with this commitment to love. Mary J Blige blends Method's gruff honesty with her emotional melodic eruptions, for pure bliss.
- The Roots feat. Jill Scott and Eve - “You Got Me.” This is one of the most beautiful rap songs about the love that keeps couples together, even with distractions or distance in the way. It's reassuring message that love is still possible to overcome temptation makes it a crucial part of any music collection.
- Outkast - "Ms. Jackson." The dynamic duo spills out their honesty to Ms. Jackson, the mother of their girlfriends. With a rocky, difficult relationship at hand, they still apologize like true gentlemen.
- Pete Rock & CL Smooth f/ Vinia Mojica - “Searching.” This lush, soothing, "ear-gasm" produced by Pete Rock sends the sort of audio relaxation that you will want playing when your own significant other is in the room. This rap song about strong couples wouldn't be complete without CL Smooth's complimentary poetic romance that comes across like the perfect Valentine's Day Card to the opposite sex.
- Common - “The Light.” Leave it to Common to put the real emotions felt between couples into a tangible rap song for any human being to appreciate. This timeless moment can luckily be rewound whenever you need some uplifting joy in your life.
- De La Soul - “Eye Know.” This danceable delight in the form of a rap song speaks to the comfort you feel when you and your mate form a solid couple.
- Snoop Dogg f/ Pharrell - “Beautiful." Snoop Dogg may be widely known for sexually charged songs, but on "Beautiful" he brings a rap song about the joy of attraction. His attention to detail delivered with dignity and respect is just as entertaining as anything he has done.
- A Tribe Called Quest - "Find A Way." Tribe brings the vibration and spontaneous freedom of a vacation to this care free rap song about the desire to become a couple with someone new. Find a way to play this song next time you invite your lady friend over.
- Slum Village feat. Marsha Ambrosius - "Cloud 9." Slum Village speaks of the level that that a couple rises to when there is true passion between them. All three members extend the ladder to cloud 9 further and further until you feel what they feel.
- Fabolous feat. Tamia - "Into You." Fabolous lets his guard down and embraces the lady that he feels he makes a great couple with. His words remain clever and interesting, never watered down.