Looking for 10 rare exotic cars? Some people buy cars to get from point A to point B and treat them like appliances. Cars are not toasters and true connoisseurs appreciate fine vehicles like a fine wine. These cars may not be common and they may be high maintenance but they are not meant to be commuter cars, but rare exotic cars are made just as a piece of art.
- Monteverdi Hai 650 F1. This rare exotic from Switzerland was a road-going version of the company's Formula 1 race car and its powerful engine is enshrouded in one of the most beautiful bodies to ever grace an automobile.
- Mercedes-Benz 6.9. This late 1970s full-size sedan went above and beyond the already lofty expectations of the S-Class line. This car could keep pace with the best exotic sports cars of the time and yet still offer full luxury amenities for five people.
- SSC Ultimate Aero. A Ferrari is relatively common compared to this American made rare exotic car. This thing can run through a quarter mile in under ten seconds at 144 miles per hour and has a maximum speed of just under 260 miles per hour.
- Vector W8. The first true American supercar debuted at the dawn of the 1990s with a 600 horsepower engine and a top speed of just over 200 miles per hour. You will not see this car on your daily commute to work.
- Spyker C8. An Audi engine and tail lights that evoke a 1970s era Ferrari make this hand built rare exotic car one of the most unique in the world.
- Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR. This isn't your cougar's CLK. Only 26 copies of this rare exotic car were built and its roaring V-12 engine is the same that powered the race car version.
- Rapier Superlite SL-C. It is not all that uncommon for a rare exotic car to look like a jet, but the elegance that this vehicle's jet-inspired styling exudes is unparalleled.
- Tatra MTX V8. Even though this early 1990s sports car could only attain a top speed of 153 miles per hour its drop-dead good looks are something to behold. Only four copies were produced to and exclusivity is sexy.
- Koenigsegg Agera. This rare exotic car hails from Sweden and offers a top speed in excess of 245 miles per hour.
- Lamborghini LM002. The LM002 is actually an SUV, an SUV powered by the Countach's V-12 engine. The Italian automaker only produced about 300 of these and they sure are sexy. This isn't an Explorer and that is a damn good thing, my friend.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?