10 “Real World” Roommates: Where are they now? That’s the question this list answers while exploring one of TV’s first popular reality series. Most reality stars fade into obscurity, but this list of former “Real World” actors shows that some stars don’t need the 24/7 cameras of reality TV to experience fame and success.
- Heather Gardner (Season 1) A hip-hop wordsmith from “Real World: Season 1” who was shown in the studio opining “the system sucks!” Gardner went on to sign a record deal in 1995 and has released two albums with a third due this year. She’s also appeared in a number of commercials and films. Gardner currently resides in New Jersey with her husband.
- Rachel Campos (Season 3) After hooking up with fellow Season 2 castmate David Rainey and enduring criticism of her Republican views, Campos left her role as “Real World” actor to pursue other roles in television. Two times she applied for a spot on “The View”, but lost both times, although she does guest host from time to time. Campos also co-hosted a show about women’s health, has written a book on stay-at-home parenting, and is married with six children.
- Mallory Snyder (Season 13) Mallory went from her stint on “Real World: Paris” to become a successful model. She’s been featured twice in Sport Illustrated’s yearly swimsuit edition and has modeled for a number of prominent fashion lines.
- Jamie Chung (Season 14) Jamie Chung is another “Real World” actor who found moderate success after leaving the show. She starred in several TV shows and movies, including “CSI: NY”, “ER”, “Veronica Mars”, and “I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry”.
- Julie Oliver-Gentry (Season 1) A sweet Southern belle who had as much naiveté as charm, Gentry became good friends with Heather Gardner. So good, in fact, they’ve vacationed together numerous times since the end of Season 1. Married and mother of two children, Gentry has appeared in a couple of movies, most recently in 2007.
- Brianna Taylor (Season 20) Brianna Taylor, who also appeared on the fifth season of “American Idol”, signed a recording contract with Chamberlain Records, where in 2008 she released her EP, “Brianna Taylor”. In 2009, Taylor released her first full-length album, “Fireworks at the Fairground”.
- Jacinda Barrett (Season 4) One of the most successful “Real World” actors, Barrett has had a modestly successful acting career since wrapping “Real World: London”. Her more popular roles include “Ladder 49”, “Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason”, and “The Last Kiss”. She married actor Gabriel Macht in 2004 and gave birth to their first child in 2007.
- Sean Duffy (Season 6) Sean Duffy’s professional and political career is enviable. Appointed District Attorney of Ashland County, Wisconsin, Duffy won consecutive terms and still holds this position today. Duffy is also running for a U.S. House seat in Wisconsin’s 7th Congressional district in the 2010 midterm elections. Duffy married fellow “Real World” alum Rachel Campos and has six children.
- Trishelle Cannatella (Season 12) Trishelle segued from wild party girl on “Real World” to participating in a slew of reality TV shows, notably “Punk’d”, “Real World/Road Rules Challenge”, and “The Surreal Life”. She’s also posed nude for Playboy and has appeared in commercials, magazines, and music videos.
- Mike Mizanin (Season 10) Mizanin graduated from “Real World” actor to professional wrestler. In 2004 he competed in “Tough Enough”, a reality show where contestant vied for a contract with the WWE. He was a finalist but was resigned to competing in lesser-known wrestling leagues until finally being signed to WWE in 2006. He is now a recognized name in professional wrestling.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”