While there are lots of sad songs, these 10 really sad songs that make you cry will bring tears to the eyes of just about anyone. Different people find different things sad, but there are some subjects that most everyone finds sad and depressing. Whether you've had a bad day, lost someone close to you, are going through a breakup, or just feel like you need a good cry (For whatever reason), look no further than these 10 really sad songs that make you cry.
- "Dance With the Devil" by Immortal Technique While you may not think of hip-hop or rap being sad, "Dance With the Devil" definitely is. It's about the life of a boy from the age of thirteen. He was obsessed with being a hustler, and so begins his steady decline. From selling drugs in his neighborhood, up until the night he and his friends rape his own mother. If girly songs aren't your deal, but you want a sad song, listen to "Dance With the Devil."
- "Beautiful Disaster" by Jon McLaughlin This song is most definitely a sad one. It's about a girl who doesn't see the beauty inside herself. All she wants is someone to love her, even if she has to change everything about herself. She changes constantly, trying to be perfect. "Beautiful Disaster" is a slow-tempo ballad type of song.
- "How Do I Live" by LeAnn Rimes There are two versions of this song, but the LeAnn Rimes version sounds more haunting and pure. It's about loving someone who's gone away. When you lose someone you love, it becomes almost impossible to imagine being able to live without them in your life.
- "If I Could Be Like That" by 3 Doors Down 3 Doors Down perform quite a number of songs that many would interpret as being sad. "If I Could Be Like That" is a wistful song, about wishing to be different, and wishing to be someone else. Having regrets and not being content with the person you are is a very sad thing.
- "Tied Together With a Smile" by Taylor Swift Taylor Swift has an amazing talent for having a variety of songs to fit any mood. "Tied Together With a Smile" is about a girl who puts on a front of being happy and content, but she's crumbling inside. Pretending to be happy when you're anything but is exhausting, and this girl is just about ready to give up.
- "Sweetest Girl (Dollar Bill)" by Wyclef Jean, Akon and Lil Wayne Another song that many people wouldn't think of as being sad. But if you pay attention to what the song is saying, then it is incredibly sad. Everyone knows "that girl" from high school. The one who everyone loved. And for whatever reason, she now needs to sell herself to make a living.
- "Millstone" by Brand New Brand New isn't a well known band, but "Millstone" is one of the saddest songs out there. People change, as do you. You do things you regret. Waking up one day and not liking who you see in the mirror is one of the saddest things to have happen.
- "Goodbye to You" by Michelle Branch "Goodbye to You" is about closing a chapter of your life that involves someone you couldn't have imagined your life without. Saying goodbye and moving on is one of the saddest things one can ever do.
- "Change (In the House of Flies)" by Deftones While "Change" may not specifically be about a sad topic, such as breaking up, it still leaves you with a very sad, inadequate feeling. And there's nothing to make you cry like feeling inadequate.
- "Keep Holding On" by Avril Lavigne "Keep Holding On" may be meant as inspirational song. But when you don't have someone you an count on to tell you to hold on through the hard times, hearing this song brings up feelings of loneliness. Staying strong alone can be a very daunting task.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...