10 Reasons To Date
For those of you that are on the fence about whether or not it’s something you might want to do, we present 10 reasons to date.
- You might get laid. Let’s face it, for most guys this is the reason you are willing to put yourself through the often tedious and frustrating ritual of dating. There is another way to get laid besides dating, of course, but it’s both expensive and illegal.
- You might find your soulmate. Not every guy is only interested in sex, or so the rumor goes. For many, establishing a stable relationship with someone who will love and understand them is the best reason to date. If you don’t date, how are you going to find that special someone to spend the rest of your life with?
- It can lead to friendships. Not every person you date is going to end up in bed or at the altar with you. Sometimes the person you date will be really cool but you won’t be into each other in that way. You can still be friends, and perhaps really good friends. There’s nothing wrong with that.
- Sometimes dates are fun. Most people have had their fair share of dating flops, but every now and then going on a date can be a really fun experience. It gives you a chance to share experiences with someone, like going to a concert or enjoying a walk in the park (rather than just looking like a lone creep in the park).
- You want to fit in. Dating is just one of those things society expects you to do. If you don’t do it, people are going to get suspicious. Then they’re going to start digging around where you don’t want them to. When they do that, they’re going to find the pile of squirrel teeth you buried under the flower bed in your backyard. You don’t want them to do that, do you?
- You are unhappy in your current relationship. It’s not only single people who date, you know. Believe it or not, some people cheat. It’s true! If you’re unhappy in your current relationship, you should probably just be honest and call it off. If you’re of weaker moral fiber, though, being caught dating someone else is a good way to end things with a bang (so to speak).
- There’s nothing on television. None of the good television shows are on during the weekend because the networks figure most people are out doing something like, for instance, going on a date. Why stick around your house, then? Go out and have a good time.
- It will get you out of your parents’ basement. It’s cold down there. It’s damp, it’s dimly-lit, and there’s probably some black mold lurking about where you can’t see it, which can kill you. You don’t want to die of black mold poisoning, do you? Well that right there is a good reason to date.
- It gives you a good excuse to go see chick flicks. Maybe you love romantic comedies but feel embarrassed about going to see them by yourself or with your other male friends. Solution: take a date along. It will look like you’re doing it for her benefit, so it’s a double-win.
- You have a reason to wear those nice clothes you bought. You don’t dress nicely to impress yourself. Clothes are the human equivalent of plumage; the flashier the clothes, the more likely you are to find a mate. That’s why pimps are so successful. You don’t want those nice clothes of yours gathering dust in your closet after you dropped so much money on them, and that’s one reason to date if you weren’t convinced by the other nine.
Posted on: Mar. 15, 2010