You may think the reasons to love Gisele Bündchen are fairly obvious, and while you’re not wrong, there’s more to this Brazilian bombshell than meets the eye. From her financial finesse to her humanitarian heart, her beauty isn’t only skin deep. Without further ado, here are 10 reasons to love Gisele Bündchen:
- She’s a twin. There’s no denying Gisele Bündchen hit the genetic jackpot, and nature decided to share the wealth. Not only does she have a slightly younger fraternal twin sister, but there are four additional Bündchen girls, making this clan a literal Bundch of beauties.
- Love Gisele Bündchen for her confidence. While she can’t sing particularly well, Gisele doesn’t let it stop her from trying–on national television. In addition to belting out Bon Jovi’s “Livin’ on a Prayer” on “LIVE with Regis and Kelly” in 2008, she’s also appeared at the “Larryoke” Salute to the Troops fundraiser hosted by football player Larry Izzo.
- She’s a team player. When it was time to give birth to baby Brady, Gisele took one for the team and delivered on Tuesday–when the New England Patriots normally have the day off from practice. If you happen to hate the Patriots, there’s still reason to love Gisele Bündchen. She’s probably the only woman on the planet who could turn Tom Brady into a trophy wife.
- She eats. While models have a reputation for living on air, Gisele has confessed her love for candy, cheeseburgers, and McDonald's ice cream sundaes. In fact, rumor has it the beauty was “discovered” at a McDonald's in Brazil. She’s also been photographed chowing down on everything from spaghetti to pastries. If her svelte figure is any indication, food loves Gisele Bündchen just as much as we do.
- She looks great on the big screen. Although she was offered a cameo as a model in “The Devil Wears Prada,” Gisele asked for a speaking part and ultimately landed the role of Serena. She also appeared in “Taxi” with Queen Latifah and Jimmy Fallon.
- The girl’s got smarts. Gisele proved her business savvy–and touched off a bit of controversy–in 2007 when, taking note of the weakening dollar, CNN reported she began negotiating her contracts for payment in Euros. Apparently, she’s worth it. American economist Fred Fuld compared his Gisele Bündchen Stock Index, made up of companies Bündchen represented, with the performance of the Dow Jones Industrial Average in May and June 2007. According to Fuld, the GBSI outperformed the Dow by nearly double.
- Love Gisele Bündchen for her money. As the face of high-end clients from Dolce & Gabbana, Christian Dior, Versace, and innumerable others, Gisele was named the world’s top earning model by Forbes in 2007. While her exact net worth is unknown, her fortune is estimated at more than $150 million dollars – and that’s a whole lotta reasons to love Gisele Bündchen.
- We also love that Gisele puts all that money where her mouth is. She reportedly donated substantial amounts of money to causes from the Haitian Earthquake relief fund to Brazil’s initiative to end hunger. Gisele Bündchen is strongly associated with several HIV/AIDS awareness movements and served as the face of the American Express (RED) card. According to the United Nations, she’s also a Goodwill Ambassador on Environmental Issues, drawing attention to environmental threats and inspiring people to take action.
- She didn’t let a baby ruin her body. A former volleyball player with professional aspirations, Gisele Bündchen didn’t let pregnancy stop her from staying in shape. She revealed that she did both kung fu and yoga regularly throughout her pregnancy and only gained 30 pounds. Based on the pictures from her sister’s wedding in March 2010, it seems she recovered her pre-baby body just four months after delivering.
- The last reason to love Gisele Bündchen? Just look at her. At nearly 5’11, the former Victoria’s Secret model has definitely got it, and she’s not afraid to flaunt it. What’s not to love?
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.