10 Reasons To Love Karolina Kurkova
Karolina Kurkova is most recognizable from her television ads for Cover Girl and for her appearances in Victoria's Secret catalogs and fashion shows, but there are at least 10 reasons to love Karolina Kurkova. This beauty has modeled for Europe's Haute Couture fashion shows and for over 80 fashion magazine covers.
- She has no navel. It's not an innie or an outie, but what one journalist called a "smoothie" where there's just the smallest inward dent with no lumps, bumps and creases that define the center of most people's abdomen.
- She's loaded. Forbes magazine occasionally publishes lists of the top paid models. Karolina has been listed more than once.
- She shares. Karolina was born on the same date as American musician Ben Fagan. They share a February 28, 1984 date of birth.
- Fame is in her blood. Her father was a star baseball player in their homeland of Czechoslovakia.
- She was an ugly duckling. Because she was always taller than her peers, Karolina felt gangly and awkward as a child.
- She started young. At fifteen she began modeling in Prague after her friend sent photos of her to a modeling agency
- She set the record. In February 2001, she appeared on the cover of "Vogue" as the youngest cover model in the magazine's history
- She's an actress. In 2007, Kurkova appeared as Pia in "My Sexiest Year." In 2009, she was in "GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra Girl."
- She's an activist. Karolina supports the efforts of the Global Youth Action Network and the Women Together Association, which focuses on eradicating poverty.
- She's a legend. Not many women get to wear Victoria Secret's annual "Fantasy Bra," which is inlaid with gemstones. In 2002, when Kurkova modeled the bra, it was valued at $10 million.