10 Reasons To Love Nicole Kidman
There are many more than ten reasons to love Nicole Kidman. The Australian/American star is not only a singer, a model, and great humanitarian, the Oscar-winner is also one of the highest paid and most sought after actresses in Hollywood. Some of these facts may surprise even her biggest fans.
- She divorced Tom Cruise. While it may not have been her decision at the time, leaving Tom was the best thing that ever happened to her and tops the list of ten reasons to love Nicole Kidman. They divorced in November of 2001, and the next four months were one long red carpet ride for Nicole, winning award after award (including the Golden Globe and an Oscar nod) for her performance in "Moulin Rouge!"
- She let them make her have a big nose. Most actresses are forever trying to look young and beautiful, but Nicole was willing to don a fake nose and look somewhat plain to play Virginia Wolf in "The Hours." Good call, Nicole. She won an Oscar for the part and it's just another reason to love Nicole Kidman.
- She's got her own postage stamp. On January 2009, Nicole Kidman achieved new heights reserved for only the most important Australians. She was featured on her own postage stamp. It was a special thrill she shared with fellow Aussies Cate Blanchett, Russell Crowe, and Geoffrey Rush.
- She received Australia's highest honor. While the postage stamp is cool, there's an even bigger honor for deserving civilians in the Land Down Under. In 2006 Kidman was made a Companion of the Order of Australia for "contributions to improve medical treatment for women and children... and to humanitarian causes in Australia and internationally."
- She's filled with good will. One of the big reasons to love Nicole Kidman is her work as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador since 1994. In 2006, she was appointed the Ambassador to UNIFEM whose efforts go towards raising awareness of women's rights and ending violence against them.
- She was in "Moulin Rouge!" Even though her latest stint in "Nine" revealed that director Baz Luhrhmann really jumped through hoops to make Nicole sound like a great singer, "Moulin Rouge!" was truly an incredible cinematic achievement. From her sizzling hot relationship with Ewan McGregor to swinging around on the trapeze in the big production numbers, she did not disappoint, giving us one more reason to love Nicole Kidman.
- Have you seen her in "Dead Calm?" Kidman can come across as a bit aloof although reports are she's got a big laugh and an even bigger heart. Still a lot of people don't understand what makes her Irish Spring looks sexy. But ask a guy and chances are he'll reply, "Have you seen her in 'Dead Calm'?"
- She gets hot guys. She started by marrying Tom Cruise (who was more hot at that time). Then rumors flew that she was linked to a series of hunks including Jude Law, Robbie Williams, Adrien Brody (OK his talent makes him sexy), and Lenny Kravitz. She ended her streak with the fairest of them all, Keith Urban.
- She's resilient. Nicole bounced back from quiet possibly one of the worst TV shows made into a movie of all time—"Bewitched." It took a few years, but with "Australia" and "Nine" safely tucked under her belt, she's back on top.
- She's doesn’t need lots of gifts. Rounding out the top ten reasons to love Nicole Kidman is her extreme generosity. For her second marriage to country singer, Keith Urban, she asked all her wedding guests to donate money to Sydney Children’s Hospital in Randwick rather than shower the couple with gifts.