Models are a dime a dozen, but Sasha Pivovarova stands out among the crowd, and these are 10 reasons to love Sasha Pivovarova. Born on January 21, 1985, in Moscow and currently residing in Brooklyn, New York, Sasha grew up with a supportive family, a college education and a passion for art and fashion. Sasha's career started when photographer Igor Vishnyakov introduced her to IMG modeling agency, who signed and booked her first gig within two weeks, which started her lucrative modeling career.
The number one reason to love Sash Pivovarova is her ambition and determination to excel in the artistic world. Born in Moscow, Russia, Sasha started taking art classes at the age of six with the dream of becoming a movie star or artist. She now makes a living wearing fashion, which is art, and being photographed in designer clothes, which becomes photography art.
- Before Sasha Pivovarova's modeling career took off, she attended the University of Moscow to study art history. Her passion for art started at an early age, and Sasha's mother would take her to exhibits which parlayed into courses at St. Petersburg New Academy of Fine Art with Igor Visnyakov, Egor Ostro and others. Sashas' time at the University of Moscow taught her Expressionism, Symbolism and Post Expressionism.
- Her dreams of becoming an artist have not gone away, and Sasha still finds time to paint and create original artwork. "French Vogue" has featured her work and she is currently interested in portraiture and landscape drawing. Sasha is collaborating with Miuccia Prada on a book of her own artwork, and is illustrating a book for Karl Lagerfeld.
- She is a magazine cover girl. Ten months after starting her modeling career, Sasha landed the cover of Italian "Vogue" in December 2005, which kicked off her ever-growing cover girl number. She has become an international cover girl, appearing on Australia's "Vogue" May 2008, Belgium's "Elle" August 2009, China's "Vogue" December 2005, Greece's "Vogue" October 2007 and November 2008, and more.
- Sasha started modeling at twenty, and has since walked the catwalk for major fashion labels. All the top fashion designers had Sasha Pivovarova walk the runway, including, Prada, Gucci, Chanel, Alexander McQueen, Christian Dior, Calvin Klein and more.
- Her modeling career started with the 2005 Prada show in Milan, which she opened on her first cat walk. She became Prada's muse and had a seven season exclusive with the company, which is the longest running Prada exclusive to date.
Another reason to love Sasha Pivovarova is her healthy lifestyle. Her efforts to stay trim and healthy are organic. She is a known vegetarian and does not consume alcohol, which can be tempting in the modeling world.
- She has a rocker edge. Sasha has blue eyes, a blonde, edgy jagged haircut and a cold stare perfect for the U.S. "Vogue" January 2010 Rock the House editorial. Shot by photographer Steven Meisel, the editorial featured Sasha posing with MGMT’s Ben Goldwasser and Andrew VanWyngarden, The Horrors’ Faris Badwan, Joshua Hayward and other young musicians. Her hair was blonde with a tint of pink and Sasha's makeup was a variety of neon colors. She wore spring looks by Bottega Veneta, Gucci, Céline, Balmain and more.
Sasha has a sentimental side. Watching models on the catwalk with their cold stares, one would assume they have hearts of stone, but not Sasha Pivovarova, who married long-time friend and photographer Igor Vishnyakov in Thailand. In June 2009, Arthur Elgort photographed Sasha and Igor's re-created wedding scenes for a "Vogue" spread which included friends and family that were present at the wedding.
- She's a familiar face. Sasha Pivovarova has a face that's familiar, but you don't know her name, which is due to her abundance of advertising campaigns. Featured in print advertisements for Armani cosmetics, Biotherm, Chanel, H&M, Prada and Prada Sport, Sasha Pivovarova is well loved by all designers.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …