The ten reasons to love Veronika Vareková hails from the many offered to her fans. Although she got a late start in the business by some standards, it wasn't for lack of looks or talent. This Czech beauty is a busy girl, with hobbies, an education, and plenty of lovable qualities.
- She looks great in a bikini. In fact, she's been featured in at least 8 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Editions, most notably in 2004 when she made the cover wearing only half of her bikini.
- Her face is recognizable, too. After modeling for Nivea skin care, her face has become as noticeable as her body.
- She wanted to be a designer. In fact, she moved to New York when she was 19 in order to attend The Parsons School of Design but got sidetracked when, at a friend's urging, she went looking for work at Next Models and was signed immediately.
- She's funny. Her wit, personality, and appearance in Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Edition have won her appearances on TV's Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel, Charlie Rose, and Fox and Friends.
- She's active and whenever she travels for modeling, she enjoys checking out the local golf course, tennis court and when she's lucky, snow skiing.
- She's smart. She ended up getting her degrees in both education and psychology.
- She's a mountain climber. In 2008, she climbed Tanzania's Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa.
- She cares for the animals and in 2009, was named a Goodwill Ambassador for the African Wildlife Foundation, raising awareness, protecting endangered species, empowering indigenous communities, and conserving natural landscapes in Africa's heartlands.
- She speaks three languages, according to the Fashion Model Directory. English and her native Czech are clearly 2/3 of that. The other language hasn't been confirmed.
- She takes it slowly. After 15 years in the business, she hasn't exhausted herself by over-working; she leaves plenty of time for education, recreation, and travel to visit family in Prague.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …