The ten reasons to love Veronika Vareková hails from the many offered to her fans. Although she got a late start in the business by some standards, it wasn't for lack of looks or talent. This Czech beauty is a busy girl, with hobbies, an education, and plenty of lovable qualities.
- She looks great in a bikini. In fact, she's been featured in at least 8 Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Editions, most notably in 2004 when she made the cover wearing only half of her bikini.
- Her face is recognizable, too. After modeling for Nivea skin care, her face has become as noticeable as her body.
- She wanted to be a designer. In fact, she moved to New York when she was 19 in order to attend The Parsons School of Design but got sidetracked when, at a friend's urging, she went looking for work at Next Models and was signed immediately.
- She's funny. Her wit, personality, and appearance in Sports Illustrated's Swimsuit Edition have won her appearances on TV's Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel, Charlie Rose, and Fox and Friends.
- She's active and whenever she travels for modeling, she enjoys checking out the local golf course, tennis court and when she's lucky, snow skiing.
- She's smart. She ended up getting her degrees in both education and psychology.
- She's a mountain climber. In 2008, she climbed Tanzania's Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa.
- She cares for the animals and in 2009, was named a Goodwill Ambassador for the African Wildlife Foundation, raising awareness, protecting endangered species, empowering indigenous communities, and conserving natural landscapes in Africa's heartlands.
- She speaks three languages, according to the Fashion Model Directory. English and her native Czech are clearly 2/3 of that. The other language hasn't been confirmed.
- She takes it slowly. After 15 years in the business, she hasn't exhausted herself by over-working; she leaves plenty of time for education, recreation, and travel to visit family in Prague.