The below 10 reasons not to get married are only the tip of the iceberg when thinking about tieing the matrimony knot. With statistics showing anywhere from 50 to 65% of all new marriages ending in divorce, it's best to be wary of marriage. And, if your girlfriend is pressing you to get married? Well, that the top reason NOT to get married!
- Your girlfriend wants to marry you and gives you an ultimatum. Get out of there as fast as you can! Being pressured to jump into a marriage is absolutely wrong.
- Another top reason to not get married is to protect your future assets. With most states having laws which divide any assets acquired after marriage (with the exception of inheritances) with your wife, getting married and divorced means that you'll love 1/2 of all the stuff you've worked for.
- If you need your own space, that in itself is a great reason to not get married. Society's perception is that married people are couples who have to do everything together so, if you're a loner, stay alone! You don't need a wife to be happy.
- You'll have to share a bedroom if you jump into the matrimony ring. Remember in the beginning when you were forced to share a bedroom with a brother? And then you got out on your own and had your own bedroom? Well, you're about to go back from whence you came if you get married. Ugh.
- You'll have to share a bathroom. Coming in next on the top reasons not to get married is sharing a bathroom. Her stuff will be all over the place and, really, should you have to see bubble bath ring around the tub every time you shower?
- You'll have to share your beer. Ok, this one should be placed higher but, for posterity sake, it comes in 6th on the list of top 10 reasons not to get married. Matrimony means less beer. Short and simple.
- There go the frequent nights out with the boys! No matter how forgiving she is, she's going to end up resenting the time you spend with your friends. Forget about those nightly poker games or drinking fests. Hello divorce court.
- Marriage means the end to a variety of girlfriends. Do you really want to be tied down to one girl for the rest of your life? You might be hoping for a shorter life span one day or a quickie divorce.
- Your career choices will have to be discussed with your wife if you get married. It's only fair to bring a wife into discussions about your career and work future but, really, do you want to do that? What if you want to take a step back and change jobs? She's not going to like a reduced salary….
- How do you know that the woman she is today is going to be the wife you love tomorrow? Women change, especially once that ring is on her finger. Forget about those short skirts and revealing blouses. Hello, housecoat.
Tips: Of course, not all of the top reasons not to get married apply to everyone. Marriage can be the right decision for some but it the commitment should never be taken lightly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.