Refrigerators have a lot that can go wrong, but this guide is full of refrigerator troubleshooting tips. The following ten tips will help you fix your fridge no matter what the problem. Not all of the following problems can be solved without a mechanic. If you think you might need a mechanic to help you fix your refrigerator, do not hesitate to call one.
- If the refrigerator is not running, check if the refrigerator is receiving proper electricity. Make sure the cord is plugged securely into the outlet. Check the circuit breakers or fuses to make sure they were not tripped or destroyed. Check the cord for any fraying or loose wires.
- The light inside the refrigerator is on, but the refrigerator itself is still not running. If this happens, you need to check the temperature setting. After that, make sure that the fridge is at least three inches away from the wall. Unplug the fridge and plug it back in two hours later. If the fridge shuts off again, it is overheating and you will need to call a repairman or buy a new fridge.
- If the light will not turn on in the fridge, you need to replace the bulb. If replacing the bulb does not solve the problem, check to see if the switch on the door is working properly.
- If the refrigerator is not cold enough, check the temperature setting. You may also want to check the doors for a proper seal and clear the vents of any dust.
- If the fridge or the freezer is too cold, checking the temperature settings.
- If the refrigerator is making noise, it may be completely normal. If your refrigerator did not make noise in the past, you may want to check to see if the fridge is completely level.
- If the fridge is running constantly without stopping, check to make sure the door is properly sealed. Additionally, you may want to defrost the freezer.
- Sometimes refrigerators smell really bad. If your fridge smells bad, clean the fridge thoroughly with hot water and baking soda. You should also clean the door seals.
- If your fridge is leaking water, check to see if the drain pan is clogged or if the ice tray is overflowing.
- If there is water inside the refrigerator, check the drain tube for leaks or clogs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.