10 Relationship Tips For Men
Guys who are dating or married would do well to know these 10 relationship tips for men. If your romance is floundering, some good advice could get your relationship back on the right track. As the old saying goes, however, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure; a few good relationship tips could keep things from going wrong in the first place.
- Never forget to flirt. Remember, flirting is what got you together in the first place. Go back to dressing to impress. Compliment her on her looks. Get back to making silly small talk. Definitely don't forget the things that you used to do that made her laugh.
- Trust is key. Jealousy is a big drag on a relationship. Few things ruin a relationship more than constantly keeping tabs on your significant other—it sends her a message that you don't trust her.
- Respect each other's space. Don't smother your partner. Everyone in a relationship needs time to themselves to do their own thing.
- Get your sexy on. Go back to taking showers together. Spend time giving your partner a massage or rubbing lotion onto her skin. Do something sexy and be intimate together on a regular basis.
- Don't forget to date. Take your girlfriend or wife on date night every now and then. Think of some special places or occasions you would both enjoy.
- Don't forget the romance. Try serving her breakfast in bed or sending her flowers at work. Go out for a quiet walk or a picnic. Go with her to see her favorite movie. Think about all the little things that make her smile and make it a part of your routine.
- Reach for the happy medium. All relationships depend on some amount of compromise. Just make sure you're not the one making all the compromises and that you're not forcing your mate to.
- Vent your frustrations. Don't let resentment simmer like a boiler whose vents are all closed. It will eventually explode into a vicious argument or worse, the end of your relationship. If you have problems with something that's going on, talk about it now.
- Fighting over money is the root of all evil. Work on making a budget. Don't let money issues drive you and your mate apart. Be realistic about what you can afford and what you're willing to make sacrifices for; if you need to get out and see a movie to keep your sanity, talk to your significant other about it.
- Don't feed old flames. If you run into an ex-girlfriend don't let her catch you all alone with her. Those smoldering embers can erupt into fire again and your current relationship could get burned. If you must do something together, do it in public with your wife or girlfriend's knowledge or presence.