The 10 richest females singers of 2010–what a fantastic list to be on! These females singers have stood the test of time with sold out concerts, platinum albums and outstanding performances and yet these outstanding singers didn't stop there, but went on to be entrepreneurs, actresses, Broadway singers, writers, record producers and designers.
- Madonna This recording artist, dancer, actress and entrepreneur tops the list for being the richest female singer with a net worth of $1.1 billion. In 1977, the pop icon moved to New York City to pursue a career in dance. She performed in the music group "Breakfast Club" and "Emmy" and went on to release her debut album in 1983. Madonna has sold over 300 million records worldwide.
- Mariah Carey This singer, record producer, songwriter and actress has an net worth of $750 million. Her April 2005 album became the best-selling album of the year. Mariah Carey has sold over 175 million albums and she is the second richest singer after Madonna.
- Barbra Streisand This singer, writer, actress, producer, director, composer, designer, author, activist and eight-time Grammy winner was born and raised in Brooklyn, New York and has a net worth of $625 million. in 2009, Streisand became the only artist to achieve number one albums in five consecutive decades with her album "Love is the Answer."
- Celine Dion This singer, songwriter, actress and entrepreneur was born in Charlemagne, Quebec has an net worth of $590 million. she has sold at least 140 million albums worldwide. She also has a contract at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas where she will be returning in 2011.
- Britney Spears This pop singer has a net worth of $500 million. In 1999, she released her debut album and the first two albums broke records sales. "Baby One More Time" and "Oops!…I Did It Again" established her as a pop icon. In June 2010, "Forbes" ranked her sixth on the 100 Most Powerful and Influential Celebrities in the World list.
- Cher This singer, actress, director, songwriter and producer has a net worth of $460 million. Cher began her career as a backup singer and then went on to become a successful Pop rock singer. Cher became a solo recording artist and a television star in 1971. Cher is the only female solo artist to reach the top of the ten of the "Billboard Hot 100" in the previous four decades with a career lasting over 45 years.
- Ayumi Hamasaki This Japanese singer, songwriter and former actress has a net worth of $400 million. Also called AYU by her fans, Ayumi has sold over 50 million records since her debut in 1998 with her single "Poker Face" ranking her among the best-selling singers in Japan. Ayumi is the first female singer to have sold eight albums since her debut to the top of Oricon.
- Beyonce This pop superstar, R&B singer, songwriter, actress and fashion designer was reported to have an net worth of $390 million. Beyonce began her career in the late 1990s as lead singer of Destiny's Child. In 2003, Beyonce released her debut solo album "Dangerously in Love." She has sold more than 11.2 million albums and nearly 25 million singles in the United States as a solo artist.
- Janet Jackson This recording artist and actress has sold more than 100 million albums worldwide and has an net worth of $360 million. This five-time Grammy-Award winning recording artist is ranked as one of the best-selling artists in the history of contemporary music. Janet is listed as the eleventh best selling female artist in the United States by the Recording Industry Association Of America.
- Tina Turner This singer and actress, whose career has spanned more than 50 years, has a net worth of $350 million. Tina Turner began her music career with husband Ike Turner as a member of the Ike and Tina Turner Revue. Tina began her solo with hits like "Lets Stay Together" and "Private Dancer." Tina has been called the most successful female artist and was named by "Rolling Stone" Magazine as One of the Greatest Singers of All Time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.