Here is a list of the 10 richest Hip Hop Artists,who certainly know how to live from their; businesses, to houses, to cars, to yachts, jewelry, clothes and even their own billboards in Time Square. When hip hop emerged into the music scene in the 80’s no one knew that it would become a multi-billion dollar genre, with the artist themselves becoming brands recognized worldwide.
- Jay-Z – The multi Grammy-Award winning rapper is a veteran in hip hop, coming up in the era of the Notorious B.I.G. he has certainly maintained his title as one of the best rappers alive. The rapper, turned mogul has become a brand worth $63 million today. With his brand encompassing music, clothing line, a record label, nightclub, part owner of the New Jersey Nets and the hottest wife in the music industry Beyonce he is the pinnacle of the richest hip hop artist.
- Diddy – He said it right over ten years ago when he sang the famous line “Ten years from now I will still be on top” and right he is. Diddy is the King of New York with his stamp seen on the Billboard in Time Square. Worth an astounding $30 million, the rapper is still in his prime with his talents going beyond the scope of music to acting, fashion, restaurants and vodka.
- Lil Wayne – Not many ex-convicts can say they are worth $20 million, but Lil Wayne certainly can. The 27 year old rapper has been in the game for nearly two decades but became one of the best rappers after the release of his third solo LP “The Carter III” in 2008 which sold 1.1 million units its first week.
- Dr. Dre – Dr. Dre is one of the founding members of the famous rap group N.W.A as well as one of the best producers ever and certainly worth his $17 million net worth. The multi-award winning rapper-producer is the founder of Aftermath Entertainment and with his cash cow headphone line Beats by Dre, Dre will surely leave a lasting legacy when gone.
- Ludacris – The multi-talented rapper has made his $16 million fortune from; rapping selling over 20 million albums, acting and endorsements. The Self-proclaimed “Mouth of the South” has made a big impression on the industry.
- Snoop Dogg – Nesting on a $15 million fortune is one of the most recognized rappers and godfather of rap Snoop Dogg. The multi-platinum selling rapper came up under the realm of the late Tupac Shakur and Dr. Dre has gone beyond the scope of hip-hop to acting. Though his last album “Malice N Wonderland” did not fare well in sells he still made a fortune touring.
- Kanye West – West is the most talked about Hip-Hop artist from; controversy, public outburst, music to fashion. The multi-talented rapper-producer made his initial fortune producing tracks for other artist and rose to fame in 2004 with his solo album “College Dropout”. Now sitting on a $12 million nest egg he has released five albums, received twelve Grammy’s and still producing for other artists.
- Drake – Drake has definitely made his presence felt as the newcomer to Hip-Hop. The actor turned rapper earned himself $10 million with a record deal, endorsements, feature appearances on other artist tracks and not forgetting his album “Thank Me Later” debuted with 447,000 units first week.
- T.I. – The King of the South has done it all in a ten year career span from; rapping to co-founding Grand Hustle Records, acting, launching a clothing line and even spending a year in jail. But he’s come out with a $9 million net worth and still working hard with his new album “King Uncaged”.
- Eminem – Eminem is the biggest selling and one of the best hip-hop artists of all time. Though he lacks some of the business acumen as his peers on this list, his lyrical content style and controversy has still made him an $8 million fortune.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...
The Modern Gentleman’s Guide to Casual Sex
Studies show your fling has an assumption about how things will go. Prove them wrong.
How to End Awkward Handshakes
A short illustrated history of when to use what.