If you think you know about the 10 richest musicians in the world, you should check out this list. The following richest musicians fall under various genres. Some are surprising and some are quite obvious. The ten richest musicians are listed in order:
- Madonna. Madonna is the richest musician with an estimated net worth of 110 million dollars. Madonna's "Sticky & Sweet Tour," was the top earning musical tour in 2008 (in the United States and internationally). Madonna also released her eleventh album, "Hard Candy, which was ranked number one in over 30 countries and sold over 100,000 copies on its release date.
- Celine Dion. This top ten richest musician might be a surprise, but Celine Dion is worth approximately 100 million. Celene Dion released her album "Taking Chances" in 2007 and in 2008, she earned approximately 237 million dollars promoting the album. Celene Dion also has a line of perfume.
- Beyonce. Beyonce is a top ten musician worth approximately 87 million. In addition to recording a dropped a double album, Beyonce was in two movies, ("the Pink Panther" and "Dream Girls"). Beyonce also models and has been featured in Allure and Cosmo; she also has her own clothing line called "Sasha Fierce," after her performing alias.
- Jay-Z. This top ten richest musician has approximately 83 million dollars. Jay-Z, lesser known as Shawn Carter, has released a total of 11 albums throughout his musical career. Jay-Z is also the president of Def Jam Recordings and co-founder Roc-A-Fella Records. Jay-Z is the owner of a bar franchise located in New York and California.
- Bruce Springsteen. This top ten richest musician is worth approximately 70 million. In 2008 Springsteen’s international music tour made $166 million, making him the fourth most earning music tour in 2008. Bruce Springsteen also won a golden globe award for a song featured in the "Wrestler's" soundtrack.
- Kenny Chesney. This richest musician is worth 65 million. If you didn't already know Chesney is one of the most popular musicians in country music. Chesney's last international tour sold over one million tickets and made over 72 million dollars. "Lucky Old Sun", Chesney's latest album was ranked 22 on the top 100 country billboards.
- Britney Spears. Even though Britney had a mental break down, shaved her head and went to rehab, she is still a top ten richest musician. Britney Spears is worth approximately 64 million dollars. Britney Spears was named best selling female musician of the 2000s and sixth on Forbes ranking of powerful celebrities. In addition to music, Britney Spears has a line of cosmetics.
- Bon Jovi. Bon Jovi is a top ten richest musician. Bon Jovi is worth approximately 50 million. When Bon Jovi went on tour in 2008, he made almost 115 million dollars. Bon Jovi has released a total of twelve albums from the 80s to 2009.
- Toby Keith. Toby Keith is worth 52 million. Keith made approximately $31 million on musical tour in 2008. If you didn't already know, Toby Keith is a country singer who has also appeared in Ford commercials. Keith's first four albums received Gold labels and he owns his own clothing line.
- Justin Timberlake. The former Mickey Mouse club member is now one of the top ten richest musicians in the world. Timberlake's solo albums, "Justified" and "Future Sex/Love Sounds" both topped the top 200 billboard charts and sold millions of copies. Timberlake has a net worth of approximately 23 million dollars.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Meet Madeline Brewer, Netflix Princess
The Orange is the New Black and Hemlock Grove beauty discusses fitness and dating.
How to Make the Ultimate Homemade Pizza
Position yourself for pizza-making eminence with this easy recipe and inventive flavor combinations.