They are young and famous, and they are the 10 richest R&B artists in the country today. Who doesn't know the names of these young and famous individuals. Before you hear the words, you automatically know one or two or maybe even all of their songs. With them comes style, popularity and money. Not only are they musicians, but most have a keen awareness of themselves and a sharp head for business.
- Beyonce Knowles. She has the most recognized name in the R&B world today. Who hasn't heard of the queen of R&B and the most intriguing woman since Halle Berry came on the scene. Beyonce Knowles (AKA Beyonce Giselle Knowles) was born on September 4, 1981. She is a Virgo and was born in Houston, Texas.
- Ashanti Douglas. Ashanti Shequoia Douglas was born on October 13, 1980 in Glen Cove, New York. She has a keen head for business. She created a fragrance line called Precious Jewel by Ashanti and has a clothing line called "Delicious Curves."
- Brandy Norwood. Brandy Rayana Norwood was born in McComb, Mississippi on February 11, 1979. She is a successful actor, R&B musician and recently has been featured on "Dancing With The Stars."
- Usher Raymond IV. Usher was born in Dallas, Texas on October 14, 1978. He is famous for his hip hop and pop songs, his dancing and unique form of R&B entertainment. Usher resides in the United States.
- Chris Brown. Christopher Maurice Brown, was born in Tappahannock, Virginia on May 5, 1989. Even though the year of 2009 was riddled with controversy over his situation with love interest Rihanna, he is still sitting on top of the R&B world and is more popular than ever.
- Alicia Keys. Alicia Keys was recently named the #10 R&B /Hip-Hop Artist in the Last 25 Years by Billboard.com. She follows an impressive group such as R Kelly, Whitney Houston, Usher and many others on this same list of R&B greats of all times.
- Jennifer Hudson. She became a star after placing seventh place in the third season of "American Idol." She then went on to star in "Dream Girls" alongside Beyonce and later won a Grammy Award for her album "Jennifer Hudson" which was released in 2008.
- R Kelly. Robert Sylvester Kelly is a singer, songwriter and record producer. He wrote a series of songs including the hit single "I Believe I can Fly" which is mostly associated with the NBA and Michael Jordan.
- Mary Jane Blige. Mary J. Blige, born January 11, 1971, is a producer, songwriter, singer, rapper and actress. She has won nine Grammy Awards and four American Music Awards.
- Rockwell. Kennedy William Gordy is the famous son of Motown founder and CEO Berry Gordy. His first song "Somebody's Watching Me" became a top hit in the US and placed number one on the R&B billboard.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.