10 Richest Singers 2010
If you're wondering which artists made the list of the 10 richest singers 2010, look no further. This article compiles a list of the top selling musicians who brought in the big bucks in 2010. Some of the singers have been performing for decades, while others are new to the music scene, but all of them are now rich beyond belief.
- U2. They have been around since the 1980's and continue to add more money to their fortunes each year. In 2010, U2 made $130 million, and you still catch their songs on the radio everyday. Their high revenue is also due to a 2009 world tour that sold well over a million seats.
- AC/DC. This older band from the 1970's has outlasted hundreds of other musicians to become one of the richest bands in 2010. The group made $114 million in 2010 when they embarked on a world tour.
- Beyonce. This singing beauty leads the women as the richest female singer in 2010 with a net profit of $87 million. She gained much of her money that year from her world tour, as well as her many endorsement deals with companies like L’Oreal.
- Bruce Springsteen. Another singer that is used to the spotlight is Bruce Springsteen. This rich singer made $70 million in 2010, during which he went around the world on tour and sold over two million tickets to his shows.
- Britney Spears. She may be known more for her personal life than her singing talents, but Britney is still one of the richest singers of 2010. She earned $64 million in 2010 and made the money from her sold out tours and endorsements with companies like Candie’s. Her appearance on the TV show “Glee” has only increased this rich singer’s renewed popularity.
- Jay-Z. Both Jay-Z and his talented wife Beyonce made the list of the richest singers, which makes them the wealthiest music couple of 2010. Jay-Z made $63 million from concerts as well as from his new album and the investments he holds in his club 40/40 and the Nets basketball team.
- Lady Gaga. This newcomer to the music scene flew up the charts to overcome many more established artists, earning $62 million in 2010. Her world tours raked in the big bucks, as fans bought tickets to see her crazy outfits and crazier antics on stage. Lady Gaga also became one of the richest singers of 2010 because of her partnerships with companies like Virgin Mobile and Polaroid.
- Madonna. This rich singer made over $58 million in 2010 because of the enduring popularity of her more classic songs, as well as her recent 2009 tour, which brought in over $100 million. Madonna also felt a surge in popularity and song sales after “Glee” recently dedicated an entire episode to her hits.
- Kenny Chesney. This artist earned $50 million, making him the richest country singer in 2010. His wealth came from his successful tours promoting his recent album during 2009 and 2010.
- Black Eyed Peas. This band made $48 million in 2010. Fronted by Fergie, the music group embarked on a successful world tour and made even more money from their sponsorship deals with Target, Bacardi and Apple.