Are you familiar with one of these 10 Rock songs about best friends? Unless the wife or girlfriend is hanging around, most guys hate to admit they have a favorite song about friendship. But you know you do. In fact, you probably have 10 favorite rock songs about best friends. How much do you wanna bet that more than a few of them are on this list?
- "With a Little Help from My Friends" – Joe Cocker. White soulman Joe Cocker rocked this song all over the place in 1969. Ringo Starr’s original was too cute for words, but Joe… well, Joe looks like he really could use some help from friends, know whaddamean?
- "I’ll Stand By You" – Pretenders. Chrissie Hynde says she won’t let nobody hurt you and you know it’s true. Of all the songs on a "10 Rock Songs About Best Friends" list, this one almost makes you want to go out and pick a fight because Chrissie said she’d stand by you – and she means it.
- "I’ll Be There for You" – The Rembrandts. No matter how cool you think you are, everyone knows you clapped right along with the cast in the opening credits of FRIENDS back in 1995 when this rock song about best friends hit the airwaves. How could you not?
- "Ya Gotta Have Friends" – Bette Midler. This one just has to make a 10 rock songs about best friends list. It makes you wanna grab a bunch of friends, pile up on the couch and have everybody sing it together with their arms linked. “La, la, la, la, la, la, la, la, la… friends!”
- "That’s What Friends Are For" – Elton John, Stevie Wonder, Gladys Knight, Dionne Warwick. There’s nothing like a good "song for the cause", and this was one of the best rock songs about best friends. Originally written for the film Night Shift by Burt Bacharach, the four music giants came together in 1985 to record it to raise money and awareness for the AIDS crisis.
- "Bridge Over Troubled Water" – Simon & Garfunkel. Listen to this folk rock song about best friends again and this time, listen to the soaring note at the end from Art Garfunkel: “I will ease your mind, your miiiind”. It will give you chills every time.
- "Lean On Me" – Bill Withers. You’ve had to have been living in a cave not to have sung this at one time or another. Featured in movies and TV commercials; it’s just a pure, true-blue song about best friends if there ever was one.
- "I Turn to You" – Christina Aguilera. "For the strength to be strong, For the will to carry on, For everything you do, for everything that's true, I turn to you". Christina’s powerhouse voice brings this song home again and again. You just know that as soon as you dial her number, this blonde bombshell will be standing right outside your door.
- "You’ve Got A Friend" – James Taylor. Written and originally sung by Taylor’s friend, Carole King, this rock song about best friends was one of James Taylor’s biggest hits in 1971. In hard times like these, “ain’t it good to know you’ve got a friend”? Isn't it?
- "Whenever I Call You Friend". – Kenny Loggins and Stevie Nicks. “Ever our love will last… I’m always want to call you friend…” You can’t help but sing along when you hear this rock song about best friends. Go on, try to listen without tapping your feet. The bouncy tune and perfect harmony of these two superstars is truly infectious.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”