10 Romantic Cheap Date Ideas
If you're broke but still want to show your date a good time, try these 10 romantic cheap date ideas. You don't need flowers and an expensive restaurant to have a romantic date. Romance is about showing your date how much you care about her. Find out what your date likes and use your creativity to show her a good time without feeling self-conscious about your empty wallet.
- Spa Turn up the romance with a cheap day at the spa without leaving the house. Light some relaxing scented candles, take a bubble bath together and give each other a massage.
- Museums Many museums have a free or reduced admission fee one day a week. Even if you aren't an art fan, you can find museums about local history, sports or other subjects you both enjoy.
Skating Take your date to a roller rink for a romantic blast from the past. In the winter, go ice skating and cuddle up together with some hot chocolate for a romantic way to get warm.
- Wine Visit a local winery or brewery for a tour and tasting. Not only will you learn more about how wine or beer is made, a tour is a great way to sample fancy alcohol without seeming like a cheap date.
- Music Check out open mic night at your local coffee shop to hear a free live performance. The date's as cheap as two cups of coffee and even if you don't like the music, you can start up a conversation with your date about what artists you do like.
- Camping Pitch a tent in the woods, cook over an open fire and get away from the bustle of life for a romantic weekend. If you don't have the money or time for a real camping trip, unroll your sleeping bags in your backyard for a romantic night under the stars.
- Window shop Even if you don't have money to buy much, walking around the mall is a romantic way to discover the kinds of stores and products you both enjoy. You can also try a flea market or looking through garage sales for surprise treasures.
- Movie If movie tickets are too expensive, look for a dollar theater that shows movies just out of regular theaters. Alternatively, buy some microwave popcorn, rent a new release and cuddle up on the couch for a cheap, romantic date at home.
- Theater Go to a college or community theater production, or call theaters to see if they sell tickets to dress rehearsals. You'll get the classic romantic date at a play or musical at a fraction of the cost.
- Sunset Find a spot with a good view, like an open field or a roof, and watch the sunset together. The gorgeous colors of the sunset will set up a beautiful romantic atmosphere for your date--for free.