These 10 romantic date night ideas: Denver are surefire ways to kick start any romantic evening in the beautiful city. There is an activity for any kind of couple; we'll provide the activities, you bring the romance.
- Picnic in Chautauqua Park. Pack a blanket and a basket of picnic fare and head for the relaxing Chautauqua Park. Before your meal, you can check out the Henry McClintock Nature Trail or see if a show or movie is playing at Chautauqua Hall. For extra brownie points, dazzle your lady with your culinary exploits and make the picnic meal yourself. Even if it's just sandwiches made with fresh ingredients on artisan bread, she'll be impressed.
- Showstopping Shakespeare. Colorado's Shakespeare Festival is one of the top Shakespeare festivals in the country. The festival was one of the first theatres in the world to have performed Shakespeare's entire canon. Don't let this impressive resource go to waste. Catch a summer Shakespeare play or the festival's annual holiday play during November and December.
- Hole in one. Highland Hills Adventure Golf & Raceway is one of the best outside-the-box date night ideas in Denver. Commiserate over your terrible miniature golf scores at one of the the three intense Adventure Golf courses. Race each other in go-karts at the Adventure Raceway. Looking for something even more extreme? Feel the extreme G-forces of rocket-fast dragsters on the Adventure Dragway.
- Shoot each other. No, it's not a gun range. It's a rented-by-the-hour photography studio. Reveal your inner photographer by staging your very own photo shoot at the Denver Darkroom. Hour rentals only cost $25 and you'll both be more comfortable without an unknown photographer. Best of all, she can bring sexy clothing changes for a hot private photo session.
- Dance the night away. The Grizzly Rose offers free line-dancing lessons for couples every Wednesday at 7 PM. Other options for ballroom dance lessons include Booth's Dance Sport and Arthur Murray Colorado.
- Rock out. In addition to hosting some of Denver's hottest local acts, the Bluebird Theatre regularly hosts themed music nights. Check out their tributes to Led Zeppelin, disco, or Johnny Cash to bring some fun nostalgia to your date night.
- Artistic renderings. Wow your date by heading on Denver's First Friday Art Tours. Take the free GTMD Art Bus to Denver's different art galleries and marvel at local art. Many galleries also serve free refreshments. It's a budget-friendly way to appreciate some of Denver's culture scene.
- Climb to new heights. Thrill seekers offers reasonably-priced indoor rock climbing for adventurous couples. Daily admission for couples will only set you back $13 each.
- See what's on tap. Take the Denver Microbrew Tour and find out about local breweries. The two-hour walking tour involves samples at each stop and a coupon for a free pint at each establishment. It's a great way to find new watering holes and bond over your love of brewed beverages.
- The cliche romantic dinner. Sometimes, you're just in the mood to savor each other's company over a romantic meal and a bottle of wine. Head to Mizuna for its delicious menu and extensive wine list. Savor a rack of Colorado lamb or a Hudson Valley duck breast. Feeling more adventurous? Order the pan roasted ostrich loin.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.