Whatever the holiday, it always helps to have some romantic gift ideas for your girlfriend. Women love to receive romantic gifts, but before you start getting nervous, you should understand that it doesn't necessarily mean that you need to spend a lot of money. Sometimes the simple things can be more romantic than diamonds – although diamonds are rarely a bad idea! So with that in mind, take a look at some romantic gift ideas for your girlfriend that are sure to please.
- Personalized picture frame. You know she loves photos of the two of you together, so why not give her one in a personalized frame? Getting a frame made isn't too expensive, and this is one romantic gift idea she'll treasure.
- Personalized journal. If your girlfriend likes to write, get her a nice journal, along with an good pen for writing.
- Movie nights basket. Do the two of you like to stay home and watch movies together? Try a basket with several of her favorite movies, tins of popcorn and a blanket for snuggling on the couch to watch together.
- Breakfast in bed set. This romantic gift idea includes a tray for serving breakfast in bed put together with a personalized coffee mug, a variety of flavored coffees or teas and a few other breakfast style items. Of course, the actual gift is you serving her breakfast in bed on Christmas morning.
- Trip to the spa. A couple's spa day is a very romantic gift idea. She'll think it's all about her, but you'll be getting pampered too. You'll both look and feel fabulous for anything that might come later… hint, hint.
- A weekend get-away. The months between Christmas and Easter are off season for many of the warmer vacation getaway places, so prices are often more affordable. Why not plan a weekend in Florida or in the Bahamas?
- A mix tape. This romantic gift idea has become a standard among dating couples although it's usually made on a CD this days. Choose songs that will remind her of the two of you together, and create a custom cover for the jewel box. Just remember, you'll want to use songs you know she likes, so if she's into indie pop, don't give her 90 minutes of death metal.
- Perfume. Only buy perfume if you know what she likes. If you know she has a thing for a certain scent, you could buy a set that includes the scented talc and lotions. These little touches are a great romantic gift idea.
- A book. If your girlfriend loves to read, finding a special book can be a very romantic gift idea. This doesn't mean a paperback copy of "Twilight," instead, search for a well bound version of a romantic classic like "Wuthering Heights" or "Sense and Sensibility." Not sure about her taste in literature? Try a collection of love poems. Don't forget to write a sweet note on the inside.
- Jewelry. We aren't talking diamonds here. For a romantic gift idea for your girlfriend, a simple locket or a charm bracelet will do. Have the locket engraved with both of yours initials, or get a starter charm that applies to a favorite activity or hobby.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.