If you're looking to surprise your sweetie with a romantic getaway look into the 10 romantic hotels in California. Whether you're wine tasting, laying on the beach or adventure hoping look no farther for the spots that will make her weak in her knees!
- Gaia Napa Valley Hotel and Spa. Gaia is certainly one of the best romantic hotels in California. Gaia Napa Valley Hotel and Spa is the ideal location for a low-key romantic wine tasting weekend. If you’re looking for something special to offset your weekend, consider taking a hot air balloon ride over one of the most stunning areas in the whole United States. 1-888-798-3777. 3600 Broadway Street American Canyon, CA 94503.
- Whale Watch Inn. With the Inn sitting overlooking the beaches and wooded areas of Northern California, the Whale Watch Inn is one of the most thrilling romantic hotels in California. Very near to the wine country, you’ll get the best of both worlds here at the Whale Watch: breathtaking natural views and comfortable, cozy and sheik accommodations. 1-800-WHALE-4-2. 35100 Old Highway 1 Gualala, CA 95445
- Catalina Canyon Resort Avalon. The perfect getaway from busier cities like Los Angeles, Catalina Canyon features rooms with private balconies, a pool, whirlpool and a full service European Spa you may never want to leave! If you do decide to venture out, the hotel is located just a quick quarter mile from downtown Avalon where you’ll find romantic dining and nightlife. 310-510-0325. 888 Country Club Drive Avalon, CA 90704
- Hotel Majestic. In the artsy and romantic San Francisco, the Hotel Majestic is one of the most unique romantic hotels in California. Featuring bay windows and early 1900’s architecture, this hotel really takes you back to an early and simpler time but still retains the comforts of today. 415-441-1100. 1500 Sutter Street San Francisco, CA 94109
- Mandarin Oriental. Located in downtown San Francisco the Mandarin Oriental is the third tallest building in the city providing it with spectacular views of the whole city. You’ll be pampered from the moment you walk in the front door, with a beautiful and comfortable room, a yoga studio, a fitness studio and spa. If you’re in the market for fine dining look no farther than Silks, the upscale restaurant on the premises, and wind down each day at MO Bar. 415-276-9888. 222 Sansome Street San Francisco, CA 94104.
- Mountain Home Inn. Located in Mill Valley, Mountain Home Inn is a lodge style cottage reminiscent of what you would find in the Swiss Alps. The Inn overlooks the stunning Muir Woods and San Francisco Bay. The dark wood, deep colors and rustic style make it one of the coziest romantic hotels in California. 415-381-9000. 810 Panoramic Highway Mill Valley, CA 94941
- Cass House Inn and Restaurant. Located in the sweet coastal community of Cayucos, the Cass house is a luxury inn with beautiful sweeping ocean views. Also located on the premises is the Cass House Restaurant, seasonally inspired and featuring an impressive wine list, the Cass House is always the place to be for simple elegance and the best food around. 805-995-3669. 222 North Ocean Avenue Cayucos, CA 93430
- Fess Parker’s Wine Country Inn and Spa. Located right on Fess Parker’s vineyard this Inn was decorated by Mrs. Parker herself. The rooms call to mind wine country elegance and are warm and cozy with fireplaces in every room. The draws to this Inn are the packages; with wine and food packages suiting anyone’s tastes. 800-446-2455. 2860 Grand Avenue Los Olivos, CA 93441
- Miramont Resort. Located in Palm Springs, the Miramont Resort is the picture of class, elegance and beauty. With breathtaking views of the Santa Rosa Mountains and guestrooms surrounded by lush herb and citrus gardens, the Miramont Resort is a postcard wherever you look. 760-341-2200. 45000 Indian Wells Lane Indian Wells, CA 92210
- Hotel Oceana. Right in Santa Barbara, Hotel Oceana offers the most exquisite views of the ocean and mountains right from the balcony of any room in the inn. One of the simplest romantic hotels in California, the Hotel Oceana is a beach getaway with light breezy colors and soft and cozy materials. 805.965.4577. 202 West Cabrillo Boulevard Santa Barbara, CA 93101
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.