Here are 10 most romantic hotels in Michigan to get you started on your explorations of the beautiful state of Michigan. Whether it’s fishing in the middle of a calm lake at dawn or enjoying Cognac by the fire on a snowy evening, romance can be found in the little things and satisfying moments of love together. To choose 10 most romantic hotels in Michigan is difficult, so many you will eventually want to enjoy.
- Island House Hotel on Mackinac Island with sweeping waterfront beach views. Island House first started in 1852 as a popular beach house and social center. With a restaurant, whirlpool, outside and inside pools when the weather is too cool for the beach swimming. Island House Hotel: 50 Lake Shore Dr., Mackinac Island, MI 49757.
- Maplewood Hotel a charming place for a Michigan romantic get-away in Saugatuck. A relaxing Greek-revival hotel to enjoy ambiance and being pampered; a must for your stress-free romantic vacation. This establishment dates back to 1860, constructed during Michigan’s lumberman era. Maplewood Hotel: 428 Butler St., Saugatuck, MI 49453.
- Grand Hotel on Mackinac Island was the gorgeous backdrop in “Somewhere in Time” one of the most romantic movies ever made. This regal Victorian style hotel has many room décor choices and amenities. A fine dining restaurant, gift shops and huge lingering lobby all with a romantic flair. Truly one of the most romantic hotels in Michigan, its size and grandeur a magnificent place to behold. Grand Hotel: One Grand Ave., Mackinac Island, MI 49757.
- Hidden Garden Cottages and Suites. They have a variety of romantic cottages to choose from: Tuscany-style, New Orleans, quaint and charming. Imagine immersing yourself in a cozy, fire-lit room in Italy just you and your lover. Discovering the Kilimanjaro room with an Ernest Hemingway bed to die for may be just the ticket for a blossoming affair. Hidden Garden Cottages and Suites: 247 Butler St., Saugatuck, MI 49453.
- Grand Beach Resort Hotel is one of Michigan’s most romantic spots. Located in Traverse City with a luscious view of Lake Michigan and beautiful grounds for walking and enjoying your weekend romance. Grand Beach Resort Hotel: 1683 North Highway 31, Traverse City, MI 49686.
- Antiquities’ Wellington Inn is a neo-classical mansion in the historic area of Traverse City. Built in 1905 this fully restored home has its original grandeur with period antiques and nine, turn-of- century furnished guest rooms. Experience an old-fashioned romantic courtship with a rustic flair in one of their carriage-house elegant suites. Wellington Inn, Traverse City, MI 49686.
- The Inn at Ludington near the Wisconsin ferry landing is one of Michigan’s romantic hotels with old world charm. Built in 1889 and is one of Michigan’s state-certified Historic Homes. Enjoy winter activities and walks along Lake Michigan at sunset. Inn at Ludington: 701 E. Ludington Ave., Ludington, MI 49431.
- Omni Detroit River Place located in the heart of Detroit. This is one of the most romantic hotels in Michigan because of the location on the river that separates the U.S. and Canada. The European-style building itself is an art masterpiece. Discover the ravishingly beautiful European boutique and sensuous décor. Omni Detroit River Place: 1000 River Place, Detroit, MI 48207.
- Twin Oaks Inn on the waterfront in Saugatuck is a gay friendly bed and breakfast. This Old English hotel with a restaurant and lounge is nestled down a quiet back street. Close to the charming downtown area filled with museums, galleries and great restaurants and pubs. This is one of the most romantic hotels in Michigan in a city that will steal your heart. Twin Oaks Inn, 227 Griffith St., Saugatuck, MI 49453.
- Amway Grand Plaza in Grand Rapids will be a place to remember. The designers of New York’s Grand Central Station designed this marvelous piece of work. Amway owners practically rebuilt downtown Grand Rapids and this hotel is the crown-jewel. There are 682 designer decorated rooms with every amenity. A view of the Grand River is available in an elegant suite with the finest catered food and Champagne for that once in a lifetime romantic vacation in a place that will make you feel like royalty. Amway Grand Plaza: 187 Monroe N.W., Grand Rapids, MI 49503.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.