10 Romantic Restaurants In NYC
New York City has so much to offer from its cultural diversity to the booming technology-based business centers and this is a list of 10 romantic restaurants in New York City that will definitely not disappoint. Make sure to place your reservations early and enjoy that special night with someone close to your heart.
- Le Bernardin French restaurants have always been known as very romantic date spots and this restaurant located in midtown Manhattan will not disappoint. From its opulent décor and impeccable service, there will be no aspect of your experience that doesn’t leave you feeling like royalty. This is a truly once in a lifetime romantic dining experience that would be a perfect destination for a memorable proposal or and decadent anniversary dinner.
- Jean Gorges This gem is nestled in the heart of the upper west side and boasts selections prepared by world renowned Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten. His attention to detail and status as a gifted genius in the realm of modern French cuisine is evident in every dish that is prepared. The floor-to-ceiling windows offers enchanting views of Central Park which will leave you in awe.
- Beppe This cozy yet rustic destination is one of the premier Italian dining establishments in New York City. Be prepared for a menu offering a unique journey through delicious Tuscan fare with organically grown local vegetables and other fresh produce from Union Square. Chef Cesare Casella is a true master in his culinary art, gaining incredible flavors with exceptional ingredients.
- The River Café This restaurant sits next to the Brooklyn Bridge and offers spectacular views of the New York Harbor, the city skyline and the Statue of Liberty. Offering an exquisite selection of fine American cuisine, remember to save room for desert and try a sampling of their well-loved strawberry shortcake and key lime pie.
- One if by Land, Two if by Sea A romantic hot spot nestled in Greenwich Village, this restaurant is adorned with candlelight and abundant fresh roses daily. The menu has transformed from traditional Continental fare to an international-inspired cuisine. Prepare to be romanced by the cozy intimate ambience with a resident pianist and dual fireplaces.
- Daniel Renowned Chef Daniel Boulud offers an expertly designed menu and a 24,000 bottle wine cellar. This location requires formal attire and reservations need to be made a month in advance. For the ultimate in romance with an added air of style, inquire about the Skybox which offers a “Chef's Table,” which includes a private dining atmosphere with a full glassed-in-view of the kitchen.
- 5 Ninth Located in the meat packing district, this charming find offers old world style in a renovated brownstone from 1848. The romantic coziness is heated up with two fireplaces to give this location an intimate, romantic feel. The cuisine presented on this menu is a trendy fusion-style delight with an international flair.
- Café Des Artistes Founded in 1917, this is definitely not a fly by night trendy new hot spot. Its reputation for exquisite cuisine and exceptional service make this the perfect place for your special occasion. With its prime location near the Lincoln Center and Guggenheim, this is a venue to make memories for a lifetime.
- Blue Hill Tucked away in Greenwich Village, this romantic getaway is located in a famed speakeasy in the basement of a village townhouse. Their big claim to fame is the notorious Valentine’s Day “no utensils” tasting menu that has made them the talk of the town. Reservations are recommended especially for the Valentine’s Day event.
- Megu Located on the lower west side near the Holland Tunnel is a true masterpiece of romance. Voted the most romantic Japanese restaurant in New York City, this is a spot not to be missed. The elaborate décor will immediately let you know this is no ordinary restaurant. The extravagant ice cravings are created daily and the top of the line imported menu items such as Kobe beef make this location classy and romantic.