Trying to choose from these 10 romantic weekend getaways in New England will not be an easy task, because each one has intriguing features. You can combine spectacular scenery (especially with the colored leaves in the Autumn) with a relaxing weekend in beautiful surroundings where they cater to those in search of romance whether it is for a honeymoon, anniversary, birthday, or other special occasion.
A romantic getaway means a place where two people can be by themselves to share romance, relax, concentrate on each other, and enhance their love while doing activities they both enjoy.
- Interlaken Inn in Connecticut is a charming country resort on a lake. Available to order are flowers, champagne, a wine and cheese plate, or chocolate covered strawberries to add to the romantic interlude. (74 Interlaken Road, Lakeville, CT 06039, 1-800-222-2909)
- The Essex Steam Train and Riverboat is a unique experience in Connecticut. The Dinner Train offers a four-course meal in 1920's Pullman Cars and a scenic journey for 2 1/2 hours. (One Railroad Ave., Essex, CT 06426, 1-800-377-3987)
- The Nonantum Resort in the popular seaside city of Kennebunkport, Maine, gives you a chance to experience the Maine of yesterday. Their Romantic Getaway Package includes one night in a water view room, a bottle of chardonnay and truffles, and a full breakfast. (P.O. Box 2626, Kennebunkport, ME 04046, 1-800-552-5651)
- The Beachmere Inn in Maine has a special Engagement Package at their Victorian seaside inn. A scenic boat cruise can be arranged or even the engagement ring tied to a Maine lobster! If you decide to take advantage of their Elopement Package, it includes the ceremony, flowers, welcome basket, a romantic dinner for two, and a couple's massage. (62 Beachmere Place, Ogunquit, ME 03907, 1-800-336-3983)
- The Cape Codder Resort & Spa's Romantic Package can be in a suite where you can cozy up at a fireplace, enjoy chocolates and champagne, get a $10 meal allowance, and receive 10% off on spa services. (Route 132 & Bearse's Way, Hyannis, MA 02601, 1-888-297-2200)
- The Ocean Edge Resort in Massachusetts is on a bluff overlooking Cape Cod Bay. Enjoy the beach, outdoor and indoor pools, a fitness center, and 429 acres of recreation. (2907 Main St., Brewster, MA 02631, 1-800-343-6074)
- The Dan'l Webster Inn and Spa is also in Cape Cod. This award-winning inn has posh suites, oversized whirlpool tubs, a Couples Massage in the Spa, and offers a romantic fireside dinner. (148 Main St., Historic Sandwich Village, MA 02563, 1-800-444-3566)
- The Adair Country Inn & Restaurant in New Hampshire, offers comfort and hearty meals. Within a short drive of Mount Washington, ski resorts, and other attractions, this small inn offers a gourmet breakfast and afternoon tea with homemade goodies. (80 Guider Lane, Bethlehem, NH 03574, 1-888-444-2600)
- The Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa in New Hampshire has breathtaking views of the White Mountains. Enjoy a world-class spa, a health and wellness center, a 9,000-bottle wine cellar, four dining venues, a golf course, tennis courts, heated pools, and more. (Mountain View Road, Whitefield, NH 03598, 1-866-484-3843)
- In the Sterling Ridge Resort in Vermont, you will have a cozy log cabin in a wooded setting with a fireplace and a double Jacuzzi. There are walking trails, an outdoor pool, a hot tub, a twenty acre pond, and spectacular views of Mount Mansfield. (155 Sterling Ridge Drive, Jeffersonville, VT 05464, 1-800-347-8266)
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Shirts Women Simply Can’t Resist—and Why
From Ts to button-downs and beyond, these must-haves will get her everlovin’ attention.
As Boogie Nights Turns 20, Here’s What You Didn’t Kno...
Fun facts about Paul Thomas Anderson, Dirk Diggler, Rollergirl and more.
19 Men’s Grooming Gaffes That Totally Turn Women Off
And what to do about them.