10 Rules For Dating
Maintaining a good relationship can be more difficult than you think, so read on for the 10 rules for dating which will help you keep your relationship meaningful and fulfilling. Applying these general rules in your relationship will help build trust between you and your partner, and help you two better communicate each others' thoughts and needs. This way, you can be sure that the relationship is going to be more long-lasting.
- Respect. No relationship can be healthy if you two do not respect each other. Thus, the first rule for dating would be learning how to respect your partner. If he/she does not want to engage in certain activities, do not for him/her to do it. Understand that different people have different preferences and lifestyles, and you should respect how your partner feels.
- Honesty. One of the important rules for dating is to be honest with your partner. It is healthy to maintain certain degree of privacy, but do not try to conceal important issues from your partner. It is essential for your partner to know how you feel and what you about the relationship.
- Effective communication. Do remember one of the golden rules for dating is good communication between you and your partner. When you two disagree, be polite instead of trying to accuse your partner for being wrong.
- Mutual understanding. It is not necessary for you to understand your partner totally, but you two should share mutual understanding of certain issues that are relevant to the relationship and the interactions between the two of you. Try engaging your partner in meaningful and heartfelt conversations at least once a week.
- Keep it fun! This is one of the most interesting rules for dating: spice up your relationship with new activities that you and your partner can both engage in. For example, spend a weekend in a romantic bed-and-breakfast establishment, or have a week-long vacation in a nearby city.
- Good sex. A pleasurable sex life is important for a healthy relationship. Different people have different sex drives, so do not try to coerce your partner into sex if he/she explicitly says that he/she does not want it. One of the rules for dating is to understand your partner's physical need and desire through communication.
- Accommodation. No relationship can be viable if you and your partner do not compromise from time to time. Understand that you and your partner are different individuals who have different thoughts and preferences. One of the golden rules for dating is therefore to accommodate for each other's needs.
- Open-mindedness. You will discover more and more of your partner's habits and preferences as you two spend more time together. Do not be quick to judge and try to understand where he/she is coming from.
- Common interests. Although you and your partner do not necessarily need to have exact same interests, you two should develop certain mutual hobbies. Talk to each other about what you two are passionate about, and help each other develop a new hobby!
- Patience. It is inevitable for you and your partner to experience rough patches, particularly if you two are in a committed long-term relationship. The final rule for dating is not to be easily frustrated, but patiently resolve the problems with your partner through open discussions.