What are 10 sad country songs about love, you ask? Country music deals with human emotions in a more sincere and direct manner than almost any other genre of music. Many of these songs do fall into that category of the stereotypical sad country song. The best sad country songs about love deal with it in a direct manner while not falling into the realm of cliches.
- "Tell Me I Was Dreaming" by Travis Tritt. When you lose that special someone there can be an initial feeling of denial. Few songs in the history of country music have dealt with that issue as well as this one. The sincere performance from Travis Tritt and the beautifully written lyrics of this track make is one of the best sad country songs about love.
- "Whiskey Lullaby" by Brad Paisley featuring Alison Krauss. This track features two of the most talented performers of the genre who are known for delivering moving songs. This track is among the most heart wrenching pieces ever performed and belongs on any list of the best sad songs about love.
- "For My Broken Heart" by Reba McEntire. It should not surprise anyone to see a classic Reba track on any list of the best sad country songs about love.
- "When I Call Your Name" by Vince Gill. Vince Gill's trademark vocals prove haunting throughout this tale of unrequited love.
- "If I Were You" by Terri Clark. The eloquent lyrics and sincere vocal delivery of this classic you don't know what you got 'til its gone song make it one of the best sad country songs about love.
- "If Tomorrow Never Comes" by Garth Brooks. The country megastar uses this sad country song about love to urge his listeners to let that someone know how they feel before it is too late. In the hands of a lesser performer this track could come across as preacher, but Garth Brooks makes sure that the tone stays inspirational throughout.
- "You Don't Even Know Who I Am" by Patty Loveless. Patty Loveless delivers one of the best sad country songs about love as she sings about fading romance.
- "I'm Still Dancin' With You" by Wade Hayes. Many songs have been written about the issues of getting over a former lover but few sad country songs about love have delivered the feelings of emotional attachment as well as this beautifully crafted and performed track from the mid 1990s.
- "Best I Ever Had" by Gary Allan. This country cover surpasses the Vertical Horizon original due to the sincere feelings of pain Gary Allan conveys as he delivers the words to this sad country song about love. He draws from a dark place to hit these notes and the artistry is undeniable.
- "Someone Else's Star" by Bryan White. Bryan White never delved into the realm of honky tonk party anthems, but wisely stuck to his love ballads and jangle-pop infused country. This string-backed ballad was one of the most honestly performed sad country songs about love of its time.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
You might be little spoon or perhaps a Belieber. Or, if you’re lucky, one popular country star.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
8 Things All Guys Should Stop Doing by Age 30
You're a man now, dog.