These 10 sad graduation songs will be good to consider for a graduation. Graduations are a transitional time and are sad as well as happy. These songs would be appropriate for any kind of graduation, whether it be elementary school, junior high, high school or college.
- "Breakaway" by Kelly Clarkson "Breakaway" is a good choice for a graduation song, because people, especially teenagers, find it easy to relate to it. It's about transitioning, from one place in life to another.
- "I Hope You Dance" by LeAnn Womack "I Hope You Dance" is about making the most out of life, even when things get hard and it may feel easy to give up. This is especially appropriate for graduation, because graduates are about to face the unknown, and this song can be an inspiration.
- "Imagine" by John Lennon "Imagine" may be an older song, but its popularity remains. It's about wishing the world was a better place. This is appropriate for a graduation because so many graduates go out into the world with dreams of improving the world.
- "I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLaughlin "I Will Remember You" is most definitely a sad song that would be appropriate for a graduation. It's about not forgetting the people important to you, even if you move on. It's appropriate for a graduation because so many people are going their separate ways.
- "The Dance" by Garth Brooks "The Dance" is another sad song about goodbyes, which is what makes it appropriate for a graduation. It's about being thankful for the opportunity to take chances, even if it doesn't always go as planned.
- "Goodbye to You" by Michelle Branch "Goodbye to You" is a choice to consider for a sad graduation song, because it's about goodbyes, especially the hard ones. Graduating means bigger and better things, and it usually means saying goodbye to some people and things that a graduate won't see again.
- "Time of Your Life" by Green Day "Time of Your Life" is a good choice for a graduation song because it's about transitioning from one place in life to another. Transitions are a sad but necessary part of life, just like graduation.
- "Wide Open Spaces" by Dixie Chicks "Wide Open Spaces" is another appropriate graduation song. It's about changes in life and experiencing new things, both good and bad.
- "I've Had the Time of My Life" by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes "I've Had the Time of My Life" is best known from the movie "Grease" but it's still a good choice for a sad graduation song.
- "Vienna" by Billy Joel "Vienna" is also a good choice for a sad graduation song. It's about slowing down and appreciating life and living up to one's potential.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."